every generation

fastbob

AC/DC are no more, David Bowie is dead , just about every popular entertainer of any quality is either dead or turns out to have been a rapist or worse and now I've learned that some greedy f*****s are going to make Lord of the Rings the TV series . I used to think old people were just miserable for the sake of it but they've just had to put up with this shit for longer that's all.

I'm not sure if I should be excited or distruaght at LotR becoming a TV series…

How in the name of sanity can it possibly be a series ?

Could be worse, at least Andrew Lloyd Webber and Ben Elton haven't written the musical version . There's probably a CGI Lego version on the way through. I know, lets have a remake of Withnail and I staring Ant and Dec . Titanic, the sequel anyone ?

I suspect the popularity of Game of Thrones has spurred someone on to make a TV series. LotR is one of few epics I actually like both books and movies. But there was a whole lot missed out in the movies because of time constraints (understandably so).

So long as they don't wreck it like those stupid people who done the TV series of "Legend of the Seeker". :evil: :crybaby:

I suspect the popularity of Game of Thrones has spurred someone on to make a TV series. LotR is one of few epics I actually like both books and movies. But there was a whole lot missed out in the movies because of time constraints (understandably so).

This is my main reason for being quite excited about it actually.

My main issue is that I really liked the cast of the films and will miss those faces (Not you though Frodo, you can f**k off!).

Same with the Hobbit films, they got gradually worse throughout the trilogy and god do I wish many bits by the end had been done better, but the cast was incredible! :)

I completely agree Gin. The TV series is apparently going to be a sort or prequel, but also telling other stories of Middle Earth. So my worry is they end up introducing those characters I loved in the movies, and don't do them justice :?

I'll be prepared to watch it. But I'm wary of it too!

There is an unimaginable amount of material to use, most of it occurring before the actual LOTR movies took place. There are a number of separate era's where significant events took place, including how Sauron came about etc.

The reception to game of thrones, as well as the recent success of 18 rated hero movies like Deadpool and Logan have told the industry that adults are still very much into the fantasy genre, so long as it brings it all down to earth with the fact that even hero characters aren't safe from sudden death.

I'll watch it I think. I came into game of thrones very late and watched 6 seasons back to back just ahead of the 7th. I prefer the later seasons, and along with them proving you don't need rampant nudity to hold your fan base, I think that makes a LOTR show a possible hit.

There is an unimaginable amount of material to use, most of it occurring before the actual LOTR movies took place. There are a number of separate era's where significant events took place, including how Sauron came about etc.

The reception to game of thrones, as well as the recent success of 18 rated hero movies like Deadpool and Logan have told the industry that adults are still very much into the fantasy genre, so long as it brings it all down to earth with the fact that even hero characters aren't safe from sudden death.

I'll watch it I think. I came into game of thrones very late and watched 6 seasons back to back just ahead of the 7th. I prefer the later seasons, and along with them proving you don't need rampant nudity to hold your fan base, I think that makes a LOTR show a possible hit.

Game of Thrones is ok, my main issue with it, having read the books and knowing the back story and events, is there are characters and events much before where the series/books are set which seem far more interesting.

I’m much more looking forward to the prequels that are planned than Season 8 to be honest.

I’d give an LotR tv series a chance, can’t say I either love or hate the idea.

Let's not forget that the tv series of hitchkikers guide was AMAZING and the film was shit. So shit. So utterly shit I'm still angry about it 12 years later.

The first ten million years were the worst. And the second ten million: they were the worst, too. The third ten million I didn’t enjoy at all. After that, I went into a bit of a decline............. :crybaby:

AC/DC are no more, David Bowie is dead , just about every popular entertainer of any quality is either dead or turns out to have been a rapist or worse and now I've learned that some greedy f*****s are going to make Lord of the Rings the TV series . I used to think old people were just miserable for the sake of it but they've just had to put up with this shit for longer that's all.

One thing you can be sure about in life: just when you think that things are never ever going to get better, they suddenly get worse......

Let's not forget that the tv series of hitchkikers guide was AMAZING and the film was shit. So shit. So utterly shit I'm still angry about it 12 years later.

The first ten million years were the worst. And the second ten million: they were the worst, too. The third ten million I didn’t enjoy at all. After that, I went into a bit of a decline............. :crybaby:

The musical version of The Producers with Mathew f******g Broderick for f**k sake ! This lazy money grabbing shite is stopping new stuff being made . Loved Star Gate but I wouldn't watch the watered-down series ( and spin off ) the list is endless. Play it safe, count the money.

I forget my point

But, the radio show was by far the best!........Pan Galactic Gargleblaster anyone?........ :wink:

I forget my point

And as Hoggs knows I am a fan of Hithikers Guide especially the books a trilogy in five parts, and she warned me NOT to watch the film. So what did I do, I watched the film.

Now I can't unsee what they turned Marvin into. :mad: and as for the two heads of Zaphod Beeblebrox.

I forget my point

I actually quite liked the film.

Sure it was a typical adaptation for the big screen, and Zooey Deschanel seems to be limited to acting the same character in every movie she's in, but I didn't think it was bad.

I forget my point

I actually quite liked the film.

Sure it was a typical adaptation for the big screen, and Zooey Deschanel seems to be limited to acting the same character in every movie she's in, but I didn't think it was bad.

But had you heard the radio series or seen the TV series or read the books. :wink: