MOD 2 passed - yeehaa

Mission accomplished.

From a "Get On!" Session in May this year, I've gone from being terrified of bikes to loving them, and passing today with no riding faults - just a fault for getting my words tangled on one of the questions about pillion riders.

My instructor should take loads of credit. Sandra at CamRider in Peterborough. She made me feel at ease and confident, taught me simple things which allowed me to ride almost like it's second nature.

Bike shopping now... The hardest bit!

Well done old bean. If you're interested in a mk1 bandit let me know as will be selling mine soon.

If you're near Peterborough, then it's worth consideration.

East London not far from the end of the m11, so not too bad but probably not ideal.

Well done old bean. If you're interested in a mk1 bandit let me know as will be selling mine soon.

East London not far from the end of the m11, so not too bad but probably not ideal.

I might be working in Basildon and staying over as of January...

I might be working in Basildon and staying over as of January...

If you're still looking then and want a look at the bike then let me know. Kettle will be on. If you get a bike in the meantime and have it in Essex and fancy a ride out then give us a shout, I'll happily join you for a ride and a coffee somewhere.

So what have you narrowed the bike selection down to ?

Everything that isn't a sports bike, adventure bike, chopper, luxury tourer or old wreck. Prices ranging from £1000 as a cash purchase, to £8000 on finance.

Not very good at this narrowing thing!

Congrats on the pass, mate........ 8-)

The Royal Enfields are quirky......that's about the only thing going for them IMHO. ... :wink: Looked at them on the stand at the NEC bike show yesterday......The welding on them is truly shocking.... :shock: Bonniebird's brother has one......which he bought after selling my old Trophy 900.......He says it's great for pottering about on, but forget trying to do any motorway riding on it......or any serious mileage......It vibrates like f*ck, and the seat is like a plank..... :shock:

Any of the others on your list should be good though...... 8-)

Don't fall for the PCP fraud.........as the old Dire Straits song went...it's "money for nothing"......if you need finance, just get a loan....or even save up? Anyway, very well done!

Don't fall for the PCP fraud.........as the old Dire Straits song went...it's "money for nothing"......if you need finance, just get a loan....or even save up? Anyway, very well done!

Interesting...care to explain? I might agree that PCP isn't a great way to own a bike, but I think it's a reasonable enough way to get out riding on something you like.

Interesting...care to explain? I might agree that PCP isn't a great way to own a bike, but I think it's a reasonable enough way to get out riding on something you like.

Just that you end up after 3 years with nothing to show for it. And just wait until you go over the mileage limit. And when they claim it needs a respray before they will accept it back.