Cyclists are idiots.

Joeman

Haha because they are too engrossed in attacking me!

But what they don't realise is that I'm currently not working and have plenty time to do my research and throw back real facts whilst they are likely at work wasting company time and having to slip away to the bathroom to tweet back.

I might even get them sacked! Haha

I like your style :lol:

I've always thought you get idiots in all modes of transport.

But more recently I think there are different types of idiocy that gets drawn to a certain mode of transport.

Bikers have their own group of idiots risking their lives just to get ahead of traffic by speed filtering.

But idiot cyclists have to be the most petty. They seem to value being right (or at least feel so) over their own self-preservation. And I think your twitter experience sums it up, blocked for stating a fact. When you choose alternative facts to suit your narrative, you are in a whole new league of arrogance.

Well that got boring when they got themselves into a corner and failed to respond.. blocked them now so I don't need to deal with them. Wish we could block certain idiot cyclists in real life the roads woikd be a much better place.

couple their ignorance range with an immense sense of entitlement, which is being reinforced by them being given Right of way over everyone else round here.

so much this. They constantly get hit by stuff turning left because they've filtered down the inside of traffic and then try and blame the other road users. Yes it's sad for their families when they get squished by trucks but common sense should tell you to give anything that big all the room.

Also I offer the court exhibit a

But yes there are w**kers on 2 and 4 wheels too. Basically the problem is people are idiots

.......ahhh, evolution in action! Purify that gene pool!

Unfortunately not, the guy in the picture is the cyclist who only got 18 months for killing a woman.

He was riding an illegal push bike with no front brake. He blamed the woman for stepping out as she was looking at her phone, and because he shouted for her to get out of the way. But witness accounts etc all state it was so fast she never stood a chance anyway. He was going too fast, and had little means of stopping.

I'm trying to start a rumour that the new suggestions of compulsory helmets for cyclists is the first step towards cyclists having to display number plates... Soon they will be forced to wear helmets fitted with number plates so they can be identified/prosecuted when they ride like tw@ts.

I have moderated my dislike of Cyclists, predominantly to those wearing lycra. School children, students, mums with toddlers, people doing short commutes to work, kids out to see friends, old people out and about shopping, even drunks coming home from the pub these are all legitimate and good uses for a cycle on the road.

Yes they might increase my journey time whilst I find a suitable place to overtake. Generally they are going slower which means they are often easier to overtake they often assist where they can. Infact many of these I would rather see on a pushbike than in a car.

Cyclists in Lycra on the other hand, well even if commuting they have a different mind set...

Now in the meantime that gives me an idea, as the Lycra louts go out for the day.

That means there Mrs are at home alone.....

oh-you-ride-a-motorcycle-i-wont-be-needing-these-then.jpg

the self entitled knobheads.

One thing I don't understand about the Lycra brigade is their inability to realise they are the most vulnerable road user.

Yes they may even be entitled to ride three abreast down a country lane but they are putting themselves in harms way and will be just as raspberried or deaded, whether in the right or not :)

Mamils..Middle aged men in Lycra. I see a lot of these pricks when I'm out cycling.

This village consists solely of Lycra nobs on bicycles costing more than my motorbikes. It seems like every weekend has them riding up and down our lane with their silly go-faster hats. Still, as long as they don’t disrupt my badger baiting and cow shooting then live and let live, eh?

It's ok, I'm infiltrating the community. Setup a Twitter account to gain followers, make it look like I'm "one of them" and I gain loads of followers, and then BAM! I turn coat and make them all angry so they attack and retweet my crazy messages loaded with Amazon affiliate links.... They are going to pay for my early retirement, or at least a tank of diesel for my planet destroying audi :cheers:

It's ok, I'm infiltrating the community. Setup a Twitter account to gain followers, make it look like I'm "one of them" and I gain loads of followers, and then BAM! I turn coat and make them all angry so they attack and retweet my crazy messages loaded with Amazon affiliate links.... They are going to pay for my early retirement, or at least a tank of diesel for my planet destroying audi :cheers:

Make sure you bring in the Helmet :mrgreen:

Unfortunately not, the guy in the picture is the cyclist who only got 18 months for killing a woman.

He was riding an illegal push bike with no front brake. He blamed the woman for stepping out as she was looking at her phone, and because he shouted for her to get out of the way. But witness accounts etc all state it was so fast she never stood a chance anyway. He was going too fast, and had little means of stopping.

Here’s hoping he’s been put in with someone serving a long sentence and endowed like a baguette.

Saw one this evening riding the wrong way down a one way street with no lights causing drivers to swerve out the way. Genius

Should have driven into him.. the media exposure would have been fantastic!!

Saw one this evening riding the wrong way down a one way street with no lights causing drivers to swerve out the way. Genius

Think this was put forward as a trial in London (many years ago) to reduce cycling times. :roll: Don't think it ever became an approved change to one way streets though.

Think this was put forward as a trial in London (many years ago) to reduce cycling times. :roll: Don't think it ever became an approved change to one way streets though.

I remember mention of that now you say it. What a concept.

I think these type of cyclists are much more dangerous than the lycra brigade. I see so many (often not as early as I'd like!), must be at least half of all cyclists I see at night.

Can't be arsed to shell out £5 for a pair of lights from Wilko then act surprised when they nearly get mown down :roll:

, but you don't see us lot bleating about needing to have our own infrastructure do you.

Think you might have an idea here. Cycle lanes for motorcyclist only. Sunday bikers riding three abreast and such

When we lived in Colombia, drivers would turn their lights off to go the wrong way down one-way streets at night. This wasn't one or two, this was everyone in Cali. Madness.