How long before your first off?

Via

Fell off the 125 about 8 months after my CBT, wet road.. traffic lights changed... grabbed all the front brake ended up on my side. Lept up and apologised the the actually concerned drivers who had come to help :lol: found out later I'd broken my foot and toe.

Is this why you recommended good boots to me?

Fell off the 125 about 8 months after my CBT, wet road.. traffic lights changed... grabbed all the front brake ended up on my side. Lept up and apologised the the actually concerned drivers who had come to help :lol: found out later I'd broken my foot and toe.

Is this why you recommended good boots to me?

yup. I had non biker but calf leather boots so they protected my ankle but decent boots would possibly have prevented some of the damage. Broken feet suck so much. :crybaby:

Came off yesterday :oops:

I have had my full bike license about 13 months and was riding a Kawasaki Vulcan s, then decided to change it for a Triumph Tiger 800 (which is a lot nicer to ride) I took the wife for a spin yesterday and she wanted to go to Bala, so I headed from Lake Vyrnwy over the narrow road to Rhos Y Gwaliau, we met a few cars but nothing to taxing. Anyway not far from the end the narrow road, we caught up with a car and another car came to met us, so the car we followed pulled in and stopped I changed down to first pulled the clutch in and started to crawl. The car coming to met us had passed, all seemed ok, then the car that had stopped in front stayed stopped in front and indicated left at the very last second so I could pass, so I tried to go around and went to wide, my front wheel went into the ditch and over we went. No one hurt and no damage except my pride :cry:

We got off the bike and to be fair the gentleman was straight out of his car asking if we were ok and we was only trying to let us past, he did help me pull the bike out the ditch tho.

Lesson learnt, I think I must have got too close to him hence forcing me so wide and not wanting to hit his car with my bike or the panniers, because they stick out a little bit.

:)

On a rather unrelated note, what's the Vulcan S like to ride? I've been looking at getting it for my A2 license bike potentially.

11 months of riding, 1st off was the same month i started (dec 16) on ice, stalled it on a slow embanked corner hit ice n took a v.minor slip, no damage except my bent gear lever... next near miss someone clipped my exhaust while they were changing lanes and a wobble, corrected n carried on. Next event was my slow speed front impact but stayed upright, not my fault but damaged my confidence a bit and the bike was wrote off! Locked up a few times on the poorly setup hire bike, back break was too tight and the wheel locked everytime in the wet! Learned how to correct rear lock ups as a result and stayed upright while doing so. Today was my first front wheel slip, still dont know why/how it happened? Wasnt breaking or turning, or speeding. Front just went and before i knew what was happening i was sideways and trying to keep my leg out of the still spinning back wheel that carried me round 180°! Carried onto work but my ride back was the most scared ive been so far, no confidence, too slow to warm tyres, too little grip as a result! Sadly (or not) I only have the bike or I dont get to work so winter is a time I must ride. Tyre pressure was correct, i think just bad luck/diesel on road (I hope). Next summer will be my bigger bike test so till then I will just keep riding like it never happened and learn from it if i can. Am I a proper biker yet? Ive got bruises that counts right? :booty:

11 months of riding, 1st off was the same month i started (dec 16) on ice, stalled it on a slow embanked corner hit ice n took a v.minor slip, no damage except my bent gear lever... next near miss someone clipped my exhaust while they were changing lanes and a wobble, corrected n carried on. Next event was my slow speed front impact but stayed upright, not my fault but damaged my confidence a bit and the bike was wrote off! Locked up a few times on the poorly setup hire bike, back break was too tight and the wheel locked everytime in the wet! Learned how to correct rear lock ups as a result and stayed upright while doing so. Today was my first front wheel slip, still dont know why/how it happened? Wasnt breaking or turning, or speeding. Front just went and before i knew what was happening i was sideways and trying to keep my leg out of the still spinning back wheel that carried me round 180°! Carried onto work but my ride back was the most scared ive been so far, no confidence, too slow to warm tyres, too little grip as a result! Sadly (or not) I only have the bike or I dont get to work so winter is a time I must ride. Tyre pressure was correct, i think just bad luck/diesel on road (I hope). Next summer will be my bigger bike test so till then I will just keep riding like it never happened and learn from it if i can. Am I a proper biker yet? Ive got bruises that counts right? :booty:

Oh fyi... i have been thinking i wear too much protection, armoured knees, elbows, sholders, fingers, boots... the works... i might get more armour. Deffo worth it even if you sweat your balls off... my shoulder hurts, my elbow hurts, my pride hurts but nouthing broken :thumb:

On my first DAS training session today.

Slowed down for a roundabout, wobbled, foot down but couldn't stopped the bike tipping over. I stayed on my feet though, so maybe doesn't count.

• 1 month later...

Tonight, about 40 minuets ago.

On a roundabout as I came up to start exiting I felt the back wheel slip out and ...crash. I was only doing about 20 in second gear so not very fast. When I got my Bike to the side of the Road I had a look around the roundabout and found two puddles of different liquids, one was petrol (I think) the other was unknown.

I'm Ok but my bike is a little bent up. No idea where to start fixing/inspecting it. I'm going to be learning a lot about mechanics over the next few days.

:crybaby: :x :(

Tonight, about 40 minuets ago.

On a roundabout as I came up to start exiting I felt the back wheel slip out and ...crash. I was only doing about 20 in second gear so not very fast. When I got my Bike to the side of the Road I had a look around the roundabout and found two puddles of different liquids, one was petrol (I think) the other was unknown.

I'm Ok but my bike is a little bent up. No idea where to start fixing/inspecting it. I'm going to be learning a lot about mechanics over the next few days.

:crybaby: :x :(

As long as you are relatively ok.

Bikes can be fixed.

Chin up

Thanks guys, bit demoralized but I will be back on it tomorrow to get it to the mechanic for a quick check up make sure I put all the right pieces in the right places. Then a long rideto make sure my confidence on has not dwindled and learn from my errors.

But now I can officially say : two and 1/2 months before my first off.

Thanks guys, bit demoralized but I will be back on it tomorrow to get it to the mechanic for a quick check up make sure I put all the right pieces in the right places. Then a long rideto make sure my confidence on has not dwindled and learn from my errors.

Don't push your long ride, your confidence may well have dwindled, thats normal dont push yourself to hard...

Many people take some time to get over these things, I would suggest riding the road where you had your off... I know I still consider mine every time I pass that spot.

I dropped my motorcycle on a roundabout about four weeks ago.

I believe it was caused by a mixture of the wet conditions that morning, cold tyres, cold road, crappy chinese tyres, diesel or oil on surface and potentially maybe my foot on the rear brake.

I slightly scratched the exhaust heat shield, slightly marked the right side grips, scuffed the front break lever slightly, slightly scuffed the right side fairing and cracked the front right indicator.

Badly bruised elbow and sore upper arm no other injuries.

Hurt pride more than anything else.

You live and learn.

I just dusted myself down and checked motorcycle over and got on my way.

As mentioned by others don't overdo your first next ride.

Go to a destination that is nearby that you are used to going to.

That way you get used to the motorcyle again.

• 1 month later...

I took my CBT in late November, 2016.

By the end of January I was on my arse in a 20 zone.

Hit some Ice, knew I shouldn't have gone out, but did because I was new to it, and desperate to ride!

I wasn't hurt at all, and the bike was fine.

Picked it up and rode very slowly back home :lol:

This afternoon; coming home from school I had a serious wobble on during a corner. I thought for sure I was going to be in a serious accident at 60mph (national speed limit).

Completely my fault, and I don't know what got into me.

Target fixated on the hedge but managed to make a conscious decision to look through the bend.

I was so close to the curb (right hander) that I had to lean the bike with some counter-steering and luckily managed to gain control and flick the bike back in the correct direction!

I idiotically overtook a car (for no apparent reason) which caused me to enter the corner far too fast for what the conditions (and my skill level (was concerned about tyre grip which had an effect on my riding)) allowed me to do.

I feel guilty about the situation in hindsight, because I am sure the car driver was not impressed, and it was so out of character for me. I never ride like that.

Last thing I want to do is give us bikers a bad name.

I pulled over and I know just how lucky I am!

Learned from my mistake, won't be doing that again!!

I pulled over and I know just how lucky I am!

Learned from my mistake, won't be doing that again!!

Every single one of us will have those "why the hell did I do that :shock: " moments, its how we learn, sounds like you've analysed your errors and won't be making that one again :cheers:

1 month after cbt. (Yesterday) I have attached a photo of the damage to what was my beautiful aprilia Rs4 125 2012 model. :crybaby: came round the bend on country lane you can see the road conditions in photo and To be honest I thought I was a badass racer doing 40 mph on wet muddy road trying to lean it round the bend overshot corner panicked hit brakes flew off. No breakages due to my gear I was wearing but today my god I'm hurting all over :roll: bikes gonna cost me a fortune. And I'm never gonna ride like a tool ever again. Needed this to teach me a lesson. Scared the hell out of me.

Anyone else know that feeling when your face down in the dirt and you lie there do a little giggle to ya self and say "f**k what a plonker"

Stay safe people.

IMG_1406.thumb.JPG.47fa71addf27beee9b89f48a61fa3d2c.JPG

[mention]SpeedyShane[/mention] Nah it'll polish out with a bit of Tcut. :wink:

Seriously glad you are in one piece, bruised but OKish.

Expensive lesson to learn but you have learned it and survived.

I was out on Sunday and some of the roads were terrible with mud and stuff wash over them from the recent heavy rains.

Hope you heal fast and the bike repairs will not break the bank.

Anyone else know that feeling when your face down in the dirt and you lie there do a little giggle to ya self and say "f**k what a plonker"

Stay safe people.

Mine was "ouch ouch that sounds expensive, my misses will kill me":

1) For hurting the bike,

2) For the extra money,

She nearly did kill me after it killed my phone so I sent her message, "had off I am fine, bike still rideable, going for ride to Culture cafe to cry into coffee".. She nearly killed me when I did not answer for 3 hours. I could not appease her with due to some help in the cafe the damage to the bike was not going to be THAT expensive :?

Thanks for the replies chaps. Here's an updated picture of what cable ties can do. Like a bladdy surgeon 8-) an I tell you what my first ride today was the scariest thing iv ever done. I seem to have gained a fear of turning of any sorts lol. Hitting them roundabout at a max of 10mph :lol:

At least iv got a project to keep me busy over the next few months and an excuse to spend more quality time with the bike haha. All the best

IMG_1433.thumb.JPG.5410cd1a01e112b572cc448c5af8952a.JPG

Bugger not good [mention]SpeedyShane[/mention]

And I'm never gonna ride like a tool ever again.

Yes you will!

There is a time and a place and this was not the time and place!