Yamaha YBR 125 Ticking Noise

eNtak

Hey Guys, New to the forum so thought Id start off by saying Hey!

I have come from a Car background but have worked on bikes a little in the past! That's enough about me now on to the question in hand!

Does anyone know what this noise is that is coming from the engine, I have checked the chain tentioner and It has plenty of adjustment left for when the chain slackens over time. I have had the cam chain tensioner off and disassembled to make sure the spring and worm gear is free and they are. I have provided a video link below the post so you can hear it.

I have checked the valve clearances and they seem to be fine as well, other than that I can not think of what else or where else the sound could be coming from.

If anyone has any ideas then that would be a great help :D

https://streamable.com/1fiiw

Hello,

Take the cap on the Cam chain tensioner......and push a rod or screwdriver in there to take up the slack and you should hear a "click" where it takes up a new tooth on the adjuster ratchet

If that dosnt work recheck your valves because it could also be tappet noise

You could also check the exhaust isnt leaking at the head

I use a Long BBQ lighter and put a flame next to the port.....if it blows out or flickers there is a exhaust leak