Module 2 - members test experiences

• 2 weeks later...

Passed my test with 2 minors this morning woohoo!

1st minor for undue hesitation, apparently I was a bit "lethargic" getting up to speed. Not like me at all lol.

2nd minor for awareness and planning.

Very pleased and was great to finally get my new honda out for a spin this afternoon :D

• 1 month later...

I failed my first Mod 2 for missing an overhead gantry sign somehow, approaching a roundabout then as a result was in the wrong lane coming off the roundabout staring down a motorway slip, resulting in having to move to the right lane too late. Hopefully lesson learned in forward planning!

Skip to my Mod 2 resit 3 months later:

Lost my instructor for the first time, 20 minutes before the test start :( Eventually made my way towards test centre and he caught up with me.

Briefed by examiner, number plate check and a few show me tell me questions, I rode off from the test centre being followed by examiner in an a car, into heavy traffic with traffic lights faulty again in a busy part of town. Sat in the traffic for 10-15 minutes and eventually instructed to turn round out of the traffic and continued on, so my test lasted around 50 minutes! Nothing to difficult this time round. Various stops by the side of the road, pulling in behind parked cars and moving off. By this point it was just starting to rain and it was freezing with my summer gloves on! *Remember to go shopping.....*.

Eventually made our way back to the test centre after some pretty congested areas and routine junctions and the examiner asked me to park my bike up and stand next to it. All in all not a bad second round I thought, once I kept the nerves at bay. The examiner then invited me inside, and after a minute or so asked me into the debrief room, and said 'Happy to let you know that you've passed, congratulations'.

Riding back to the training school afterwards sporting a massive grin, never been more happy to ride in the rain than that moment. :cheers:

• 2 months later...

Just to let you know that I have my mod 2 tomorrow for the full A licence and totally bricking it as I am still stalling on my lessons also I'm a bit notorious for forgetting to do lifesaver but I know all I have to do is be totally on the ball for about 40 minutes and relax and don't panic

Had my my mod 2 today and unfortunately I didn't pass as stalled the bike 4 times 3 minor to major junction and 1 major to minor junction but I have to admit partially down to nerves and also my hands were freezing cold from the snow

• 2 weeks later...

What a day had mod 2 booked for 9:17 gets there examiner was 10 mins late but got going then stalled the bike on a roundabout whith traffic approaching but moving on does all the normal stops and that then pulled up at the start of the independent ride then boom the damned bike wouldn't start after 5 minutes of me and the examiner trying to start the bike i put the steering lock on and examiner took me back to the test centre but he said that he would check with his management team if he could retest me for free as he put it down to exceptional circumstances and they said yes as long as he had a free slot so my instructor takes his van and picks up the bike and a few hours later we go back to the test centre with a different bike (same make and model) does the test route and yee bloody haa I passed with 5 minors and hopefully picking up the Suzuki intruder m800 on Friday

• 3 weeks later...

So today (8 days after my cbt) at 41 years old I passed both module 1 & 2 tests in the same day, my advice to you is listen to what your instructor tells you, have faith and confidence in yourself and try not to worry...

The tests are really not that hard but will effectively examine whether or not you have the skills and competence to be safe on the road. I did 3 consecutive days of training and can recommend this method, the information is all fresh in your mind and as long as you are reasonable you will be fine! You can do this...

• 1 month later...

Just got back from failing my first mod 2 test, absolutely gutted! Was on the independent ride and got confused on a roundabout after coming off a slip road. Ended up getting too close to a car on my left when trying to change lanes. I should of just accepted that i was in the wrong lane and taken a wrong route safely.

Had a funny feeling as soon as I got on the bike that this time was going to be a fail but still very gutting.

Just got back from failing my first mod 2 test, absolutely gutted! Was on the independent ride and got confused on a roundabout after coming off a slip road. Ended up getting too close to a car on my left when trying to change lanes. I should of just accepted that i was in the wrong lane and taken a wrong route safely.

Had a funny feeling as soon as I got on the bike that this time was going to be a fail but still very gutting.

Gutted for you, you'll get it next time :thumb:

Don't stress it too much @scox91 as many on here will say alot of us didn't pass mod 2 first time as I took 2 attempts for both my A2 and full A.

Better luck next time

bad luck mate, it's always easy to look back and know what you should have done though! Positive point is you've learnt from it and will be a better rider because of it. Good luck for the retest!

Did my mod2 today. Happy to say I passed :) really over the moon.

The ride seemed to go very quickly. I started with my independent ride. And then he took over. And before I knew it... we were turning into the test centre.

I thought I'd failed before I left the test centre. Did the huge lifesavers before driving out of the bay. Only for a car to be blocking the exit. I forgot a life saver before I went again! After that I was a bit upset. Also stalled whilst trying to slowly drive out of a junction without stopping. Just had it in the wrong gear.

In the end the feedback was I was doing too many lifesavers! Apparently going them to come back in after you pass a car isn't needed lol. My instructor told me this but I went with the logic that too many was better than too few.

So the only advice I'll give is that if a plonker like me can get a full A licence anyone can. And don't ever right yourself off these tests - I thought I'd failed and was totally wrong.

Now I need to just find a bike and an advanced bike course. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D