Anyone else into Crypto currencies?

Joeman

Litecoin is my favorite at the moment. Bitcoin is just too overvalued, but Litecoin is doing really well.

Some people predicting it will go up 50% by the weekend.. it dropped today, so i bought some more.. im ready for the rise!

Litecoin is my favorite at the moment. Bitcoin is just too overvalued, but Litecoin is doing really well.

Some people predicting it will go up 50% by the weekend.. it dropped today, so i bought some more.. im ready for the rise!

Yeah litecoin has shop up in a similar way to Ethereum, but the thing with BTC is - everyone keeps saying it can't go up any more that's a massive value. Then it jumps up another few grand :shock:. I'm in for the long term with BTC now, eth was stuck at £300ish for a long time whilst BTC jumped about £5000

It's ripe for hacking... and it will get hacked .

You can secure it in a physical wallet that’s offline and can’t be hacked. :wink:

Any thing on line , there is a risk ...

Copied

The wallet option isn’t much better. Wallet services are potentially prone to the same security and reliability pitfalls as individuals, though hopefully they do a better job of guarding against them. Customers also need to worry about fraud or incompetence by those who operate the wallet service. There have been a number of cases where the operators of Bitcoin financial institutions have lost client funds because of alleged security breaches. Because there’s no Bitcoin FDIC; customers have just been out of luck.

It's ripe for hacking... and it will get hacked .

You can secure it in a physical wallet that’s offline and can’t be hacked. :wink:

Any thing on line , there is a risk ...

Copied

The wallet option isn’t much better. Wallet services are potentially prone to the same security and reliability pitfalls as individuals, though hopefully they do a better job of guarding against them. Customers also need to worry about fraud or incompetence by those who operate the wallet service. There have been a number of cases where the operators of Bitcoin financial institutions have lost client funds because of alleged security breaches. Because there’s no Bitcoin FDIC; customers have just been out of luck.

It's a real concern with online wallets yes, or wallets created online since you have no guarantee the private code hasn't been stored on the site or intercepted on its way to you.

The most secure way is an offline paper wallet with a code that you generate yourself. The chance of ever guessing a private key is virtually zero so if it's on paper and you're the only one who generated and saw the key, your chance of being hacked is very very low.

New to bitcoins, mostly learning now, but I do believe that bitcoin will grow more and become more popular. There will come a time when we will use bitcoins as naturally as any other currency to buy cars/properties and other stuff https://tranio.com/world/analytics/how-the-blockchain-and-distributed-ledgers-will-transform-the-real-estate-market_5405/. Though I thought it's already possible to pay property with bitcoins? Are they wrong?

New to bitcoins, mostly learning now, but I do believe that bitcoin will grow more and become more popular. There will come a time when we will use bitcoins as naturally as any other currency to buy cars/properties and other stuff https://tranio.com/world/analytics/how-the-blockchain-and-distributed-ledgers-will-transform-the-real-estate-market_5405/. Though I thought it's already possible to pay property with bitcoins? Are they wrong?

Not sure about property but you can spend bitcoins in a few places and more places are beginning to take them for everyday stuff.