Anyone still on the road in warwickshire area?

Looking for a people to ride with in warwickshire if anyone fancies it. Not done a lot of riding with other people so would be fairly relaxed pace i guess.

Granted, it's pretty cold out at the min so perhaps wrong time of year to be askin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still about, try not to ride when the roads have been gritted, though.....I have this irrational corrosion phobia. Whereabouts in Warks are you? North or South? I'm fairly local to Stratford on Avon ( :tumble: ) - sometimes have a cuppa at the Baguette Barge.

I'm based Warwick, Leamington. Not out much at the mo. As most weekends taken up between now a Christmas, but I'll keep an eye on this thread in case I'm free on any suggested dates

Hi JRH - did you ever go to the Waterman (RIP :angel12: ) when it was at its height? Now changed to some poncy (you know, chips stacked into little piles on wooden plates etc.) gastro-pub. No bikes allowed now . Sob.

[mention]Speedy23[/mention] No bike night used to be on a Wednesday and I was always out doing other social things. By the time I was free on Wednesday there always seemed to be probs so I never went.

When it was the Waterman was a sound place, used to take clients there for lunch, but your right it is now an expensive poncy place and they moved the bikes to Hatton world. Didn't go there either.

Often went into Stratford when the bikes were parked along Waterside.

Now on the warm Friday afternoons after work often go the Wellesbourne Touchdown cafe.

Been to the Waterman, Hatton Arms now on the bike for a drink. We were allowed to park on the carpark :D and order at the bar. :lol:

I went to the Waterman a few times back in the day,went along to the Hatton world replacement once,no-one there :( Or I got the wrong place/day :oops:

Usually go to Jack's hill cafe but up for another venue when it's not cold or salt everywhere....maybe March?

In Rugby BTW.

Probably give it a miss this year. Don,t seem to be as many bargains as there used to be.

Bought a jacket last year saved about a tenner. Paid for the parking. :lol:

Probably give it a miss this year. Don,t seem to be as many bargains as there used to be.

You can use the money saved by not going this year to buy awesome presents for your awesome daughter :mrgreen:

You can use the money saved by not going this year to buy awesome presents for your awesome daughter :mrgreen:

:twisted:

• 1 month later...

Got my ride out on the R1 today,first time on it in 7 weeks :shock:

You got to love the British weather,2 days ago we struggled to get off our estate in a car because of the ice,today its 13 degrees and the roads are mostly dry.

Good excuse to break in my new boots aswell. :thumb:

20171230_140718-1032x774.thumb.jpg.0a65f365fec3bfe963c254f7eb9c93b9.jpg

20171230_141101-1032x774.thumb.jpg.165a686cd12a19dd51e365efafc92c01.jpg