Angle for the brake fluid?

Norah93

Hey guys,

So I was about to change my handlebars on my Virago 535 but after putting the new one I realised that the tank for the brake fluid is at an angle. So I decided just to be sure to put back the original one.

I took a picture of the original and the new one so you can see the angle I'm talking about.

Question is, is it alright or should the brake fluid be levelled on the handlebar?

Thank you for your help!

Norah

IMG_2356.thumb.JPG.e686839d29e38e478b6ab0966429504f.JPG

Original handlebar

IMG_2360.thumb.JPG.aaf8c9cf94a8f60196a5bd585b70f873.JPG

New handlebar

IMG_2361.thumb.JPG.f309b370cd268bcb4647b4b0778d24c2.JPG

New handlebar2

Hi

it dosnt have to be level to work....thats just to visually check your not running out of fluid

Inside is a tiny piston that pushes fluid down the hose you see (where the bolt holds the hose to the housing)

Seeing as thats at a low point there wont be a problem.............IF you had it the other way around with the hose at the top then it wouldnt work properly

Wrong!

You can turn your handlebars to get the fluid level at the correct angle. The position should be comfortable for applying the brake lever. As long as the small hole inside the reservoir is always covered by oil, under all circumstances, then the position is adequate.

As per [mention]megawatt[/mention] say's, a lot of bikes reservoirs are pointing up/down on a angle and you turn handlebars to level them. As long as you have enough fluid to cover hole inside reservoir brakes will work. :D

Hey guys!

Thank you for your help! I'm very new to this world and I'm trying to learn as much as I can on this forum ! I'm due to pass my MOT next week so I'm going around all the check list that I could find on internet so hopefully it should pass but we never know!

Cheers and drive safely!