Fuel station security

Personally, I use nothing as I pretty much only use fuel stations with the "pay at pump" style pumps. If on the unexpected time I use a 'convential pump' I'd just apply the steering lock.

I only make sure I have the keys on me, I don't do anything otherwise. At most I will be inside paying, with full view of the bike and most petrol stations have CCTV. I have never heard of a theft of or from a bike whilst refuelling.

I only make sure I have the keys on me, I don't do anything otherwise. At most I will be inside paying, with full view of the bike and most petrol stations have CCTV. I have never heard of a theft of or from a bike whilst refuelling.

Not even a million miles away

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/uk/724533/Yobs-teens-thieves-steal-motorbike-garage-paid-petrol-station/amp

Not even a million miles away

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/uk/724533/Yobs-teens-thieves-steal-motorbike-garage-paid-petrol-station/amp

More like 50 miles away. Edinburgh folks are supposed to be the gentile ones!

With it all on camera you have the perfect aliby for beating the crap out of them.

I suspect large bike and large biker helps deter the shits. The news story linked to was a female biker on a 125 that could be pushed away at speed. I don't get this comment

"I would advise motorbike owners to pay at the pump when they are filling up with petrol and not to leave their motorbikes unattended."

How do you pay?

Do pumps exist that can’t accept cards? The only reason to go in to pay is if you suddenly having a pressing need for an over-priced snack or bag of charcoal.

Most of the places I use.

Very few pay at the pump petrol stations exist near me. One that does not now has a forecourt attendant who will fill up, check tyre pressures and even take payments from diabled people so they do not need to get out of their car. Maybe that is the way forward?

Do pumps exist that can’t accept cards? The only reason to go in to pay is if you suddenly having a pressing need for an over-priced snack or bag of charcoal.

One of my cards refuses to work at the pay at pump terminals so I send the wife in :lol:

One of my cards refuses to work at the pay at pump terminals so I send the wife in :lol:

I tried that, but she refused to get in her car and drive the 120 miles to the petrol station where I was, to pay. :roll:

I tried that, but she refused to get in her car and drive the 120 miles to the petrol station where I was, to pay. :roll:

How did you get round that? I was lucky and the one time my card was refused, my wife was only 5 minutes away.

Don't forget the 2-3 month old copy of your least favourite bike magazine (Which Backstreet Classic Chinese 125 Chopper and 3-wheel Scooter Mechanics Heroes and Leisure) .....usually just underneath the copies of "Razzle" that no-one ever seems to buy..... :shock:

Edited by Anonymous

Very few places have pay at pump round me. My theory is as they are all shops (BP/M&S) you force people to go in and hope they impulse buy stuff.

I did once accidentally steal petrol as I was paying for me and the OH on two pumps but they only charged me for one and as he was talking to me on the intercom I didn't clock it until I was looking at my bank statement a couple of days later :shock: Surprisingly they were super chilled about it when I called and apologised for my error! OH popped in the next day to pay it and apparently they had quite a stack of pictures of people who hadn't paid!!

Very few places have pay at pump round me. My theory is as they are all shops (BP/M&S) you force people to go in and hope they impulse buy stuff.

100% not wrong. But where else can you fill your panniers with bottles of Sauvignon Blanc and Airwaves :cheers: when you fill up?

100% not wrong. But where else can you fill your panniers with bottles of Sauvignon Blanc and Airwaves :cheers: when you fill up?

I don't have panniers so have to just gaffa tape the bottles to my back

I think the motorway services are safer!

Everyone there is a driver/rider. No scummy cycling yobs there to push your bike away.

Try heston services , London gateway , and quite a few on town sites .. virtually all areas have other access roads that do not require motorway travel but can easily be used by non patrons of service areas