Looking for earphones that actually stay in while wearing a helmet

Can anyone recommend a decent set? Preferably with with an iPhone compatible volume thingy on the wire.

Got a bit of riding to do soon which involves the need to use satnav - I'd rather have the voice assistance for times when looking down at the phone isn't practical or safe.

And I also need to listen to several Iron Maiden albums at a reasonable/considerate volume. Tar.

Had these in the past. worked fine and reduced the wind noise when not being used for music etc.

https://www.autocom-shop.co.uk/product/autocom-in-ear-speakers/

Now use a SCALA Q1which can bluetooth music / SatNav and has an audio cable to connect via a 3.5mm connector.

Bluetooth headset with a dedicated sat nav and leave the phone to make calls :mrgreen:

[mention]Chrissb6[/mention] recommended a set to me some time ago but I forgot the name of them! He said they worked great! Hopefully he will be along and link you to them!

As for Bluetooth units go careful here as some phones won't broadcast to them properly and it's hit and miss! Music is always fine but sat nav is always hit and miss

These may well have been them https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0038W0K2K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_RFGvAbGDHEXFQ

Hi Stu, yes there the one's, but we have since upgraded to these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MEE-Earphone-Replaceable-Universal-Microphone/dp/B00SLVB71Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1515593152&sr=1-1&keywords=mee+audio+m6+pro

We have found that it's best to ware the headphones under balaclava it helps keep them in place when putting the helmet on. Those who think they don't work well we have full communication even a silly speed, these produce an awesome sound for music and there comfy. Just a note: Make sure you fit the correct buds to suite your ears, the units come with an assortment of ear buds

Can anyone recommend a decent set? Preferably with with an iPhone compatible volume thingy on the wire.

Got a bit of riding to do soon which involves the need to use satnav - I'd rather have the voice assistance for times when looking down at the phone isn't practical or safe.

And I also need to listen to several Iron Maiden albums at a reasonable/considerate volume. Tar.

Hi Just a few pointers that might be of use to you.

1) If your going to use your phone as a sat nav you will need a permanent power supply to the phone, a phone used as a sat nav will rinse your battery in no time

2) A power supply and a mount, look no further than here: https://ultimateaddons.com/pages/motorcycle

3) Having trailing leads from your phone to your headphones is a pain, you'll need extension leads as the standard is not long enough, also having the volume control on the lead is not easy to operate whilst riding and wearing gloves, far better to have the phone in a waterproof mount and control it from there or better still to get a decent Bluetooth headset for your helmet, Senna do one with a 3.5mm jack to accept the head phones. This will enable you to see the phone for the sat nav, take call's also listen and select your music.

Hope this helps

Apart from going down the bluetooth, inner helmet speaker route, or blue tooth earbuds, I pretty reliably go back to these.

Pretty cheap but good volume, sound quality and rugged. I normally have a pair in my rucksack, car glovebox, biker jacket and a pair draped over the PC at home.

I find they stay in place really well and don't ache in my ears when in under the helmet either, which I've had with other headphones in the past.

Hope this helps, if nothing else it's [strikeout]£20[/strikeout] £12 for a decent pair of spare headphones! :mrgreen:

Apart from going down the bluetooth, inner helmet speaker route, or blue tooth earbuds, I pretty reliably go back to these.

Pretty cheap but good volume, sound quality and rugged. I normally have a pair in my rucksack, car glovebox, biker jacket and a pair draped over the PC at home.

I find they stay in place really well and don't ache in my ears when in under the helmet either, which I've had with other headphones in the past.

Hope this helps, if nothing else it's [strikeout]£20[/strikeout] £12 for a decent pair of spare headphones! :mrgreen:

Nice one. They're almost identical to the ones I ended up buying. Some of the other systems recommended on this thread looked really good, but I'm a stingy c**t so I spent about 8 quid on that type of earbud that you can proper jam into your ear. Trialled them successfully this morning. If nothing else, they are very effective at dampening wind noise.

Nice one. They're almost identical to the ones I ended up buying. Some of the other systems recommended on this thread looked really good, but I'm a stingy c**t so I spent about 8 quid on that type of earbud that you can proper jam into your ear. Trialled them successfully this morning. If nothing else, they are very effective at dampening wind noise.

Haha sods law! :mrgreen: Glad they're working for you.

I've been wearing these sorts of headphones for years and when I had a few extra quid (and a long journey coming up) I sometimes picked up some noise cancelling ones like these. I can't find the ones in particular I used to wear, but these are basically the same thing.

I now have a comms bluetooth kit in the helmet that my partner bought us, which I can play my music through which is great, but I still sometimes put in one headphone (tends to be left ear) then go to put the helmet on before I remember! :lol:

Obvious comment to just be that much more aware of the road around you now as of course one of your senses is being dulled a bit. :thumb: (Yes I know, cars have radios but there's normally at least one person who says about headphones under a helmet.)

This post cost me 12quid!

You are so easily led Joe :lol:

You are so easily led Joe :lol:

Yep, I am.. Amazon 1-click doesn't help!