Brindley chains: Pewag 14x52 + Mul-T-Lock NE14L

Rodders

My first bike isn't mega expensive but I figured I'd possibly have a shinier one in future so I'd be as well to buy decent security from the start.

I also thought I'd give our forum sponsor, Brindley Chains, a chance to shine. The Pewag chains have great reviews. I opted for the chunkiest one, given that the price difference was minimal compared to the 12x chain and I'm not concerned with the extra weight because I don't intend to carry this around.

Brindley do a bundle deal with the chain, a rivet secured Pewag branded sheath, and a top rated Mul-T-Lock padlock. I chose 1.5m of chain which should go through a ground anchor and the rear wheel and frame. I didn't want too much chain because it's more expensive, more likely to trail on the floor which is a slight risk, and less likely to get carried of I really need it.

EDIT: link to the deal - https://www.brindleychains.co.uk/products/pewag-vkk-security-chain-mul-t-lock-padlock-packages?variant=48524968327

I ordered on Monday. Brindley had it with me today, Wednesday. That's damn good service. It came in a standard parcel box, but wrapped in a tarpaulin style bag which I'll keep for when I transport the chain to keep it dry.

The chain itself weighs a ton. Not literally, but it is mighty heavy. That is the best indication I have of its strength. It would make it more awkward for someone to manipulate for cutting etc.

The padlock is neat and bulky. No point talking about its security as that is independently tested and verified. It's a large but tidy unit and comes with 2 keys plus some little coloured dots which I think are to help you label the keys. I won't bother with them.

I'm well impressed with the service from Brindley, and I'm confident I've bought an excellent bit of kit.

IMG_20180110_195223_154.thumb.jpg.9983f1e7ff03bb15ecc4feffc214ef87.jpg

IMG_20180110_194935737_HDR.thumb.jpg.111cc8b40a0b33faeb07af52984f12ee.jpg