Satnav options

I'm looking for recommendations on how to attach my phone to the bars for those trips where I need satnav. My bike has a USB charging port already.

Thoughts on safety too. I intend to put the phone on silent but I might also just use an old handset just for the maps and GPS.

What waterproof cases and brackets do people recommend?

I have one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272819293775

yes it's cheap but I've put it on and off many times with no issues, case securely clips on and the bar mount is adjustable so should fit all bars. Also been rained on and held up fine.

I have a cheap Bluetooth headset too for voice instructions as this stops you looking down constantly

I have one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272819293775

yes it's cheap but I've put it on and off many times with no issues, case securely clips on and the bar mount is adjustable so should fit all bars. Also been rained on and held up fine.

I have a cheap Bluetooth headset too for voice instructions as this stops you looking down constantly

£1.50!!!!! :shock: I'll give that a whirl.

Interested to know what Bluetooth headset you use too.

I use a Quadlock system with my iPhone in a Quadlock case that fits to different brackets. I have one on my motorbike, one on my push bike and one in each car. Means that I only need one satnav, i.e. phone. I use Waze as my primary satnav but also Scenic for the motorbike. The has blue tooth to the Schuberth C4 helmet.

I think it's a fiver or so for most phone models but still decent value.

[mention]Rodders[/mention] this one

Catuo 1200M BT Interphone Bluetooth Motorbike Motorcycle Helmet Intercom Headset for 6 Riders, Great for Ski Atv Riding Karting https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M4M8DTU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_kR5wAbNDBQEFS

They're ok in light rain but heavy prolonged rain does make it go funny for a few days.

I used lidls best headset at £20 for first 2 years no issues.

Just place your speakers above your ears with in a few mm.

Having tried various SatNav positions you want it high up. Above Speedo and rev counter if possible.

At £1.50 I would try one but in time you might want it more in view. Depending how much you use it...