Yamaha YBR 125 Fork Squeak

eNtak

Hey Guys, so I have sorted my YBR out for the MOT, but after going over to again to make sure everything is okay I noticed that the front forks squeak when compressed with the brake released or applied, the seals are fine but I have no idea when the fork oil was last changed, could this be the issue?

I have checked the forks seals, the bearings in the wheel and in the top of the headset, they are all fine. So my only guess is it needs new oil

Does anyone have any ideas? :?: :?:

Drew

Maybe it needs oil full stop . A squeak is a sound usually generated by friction and you don't get a lot of friction in an environment where oil is present . Before you get carried away and start stripping things see if you can get another person to pinpoint exactly where the sound is coming from while you pump the forks . If the forks were so lacking in fork oil that they were squeaky I'm sure you would notice a complete lack of damping when you were riding the bike . Good luck, let us know what you find.

If there is no oil in the forks they will feel very bouncy and probably fail the MOT.

If |I remeber correctly the oil in the YBR is set by adding the correct amount, so you have ot drain it all first, then refill with the correct amount of fresh oil.

To drain the oil yuo hav eot remove th fork to tip it upside down.

You could try removing the cap and pull the spacer and sprin gout, then use a rod as a dip stick to see how much is in there.

Hey Guys, so I have sorted my YBR out for the MOT, but after going over to again to make sure everything is okay I noticed that the front forks squeak when compressed with the brake released or applied, the seals are fine but I have no idea when the fork oil was last changed, could this be the issue?

I have checked the forks seals, the bearings in the wheel and in the top of the headset, they are all fine. So my only guess is it needs new oil

Does anyone have any ideas? :?: :?:

Drew

Fork seals don't leak when there's no oil left in the forks :roll: