RF 900 forks

Thebear87

Hi and welcome, I'm not sure if this is helpful or not . Are you building a street fighter or special or do you just need to replace some damaged forks ? Anyway, there are quite a few sets of RF 900 forks on eBay right now at reasonable prices. If you want to upgrade to upside down forks you're going to need yokes ,an axle, calipers , wheel etc. in other words a whole front end . Here you go http://i.imgur.com/dGbPFhy.png

I’m just wanting to change them because the bike I’ve just bought has loads of pitting and rust. Was just wondering if any one new if 1200 bandit had the same or another bike had the same. But I don’t think they do.

I’m just wanting to change them because the bike I’ve just bought has loads of pitting and rust. Was just wondering if any one new if 1200 bandit had the same or another bike had the same. But I don’t think they do.

How much research have you already done ? I've just googled it and I can say with reasonable certainly that both 1200 Bandit and RF 900 forks are 43 mm in diameter. So that's a positive start , I'll leave it to you too compare all the many other dimensions. Wouldn't it be easier to just have yours re chromed and re ground ? There are many uk companies that offer this service as well as a rebuild with new seals etc. http://i.imgur.com/TZOX7S9.png

I’m certain that the 1200 is shorter. But thanks I will look into it.

Maybe they are shorter , and the caliper mounts , wheel diameter, axle thickness and clamping method, disk spacing , travel, damping characteristics, mudguard mounting points, type of speedo drive , spring compression rate and weight of the bike ?

Or buy a complete front end, with a possible swap of steering stem?

Try to get on Oldskoolsuzuki or Oldskoolperformance forums or Facebook groups.

Yep, see my ebay pic , £350 . Purple wheel included.