Mobile/ Sat Nav Holder

Hi All,

I would like to get a holder/ mount for my motorbike (Yamaha YS125) but literally have no idea where to start. I don't plan on having the bike for more than a year so id like a universal mount that I can swap over from bike to bike.

Does anyone have any recommendations for this? I did take a look on the RAM website but got a little confused with all the different bases/arms & holders that they have available.

If anyone has any ideas of all the parts id need to sort this out id greatly appreciate it!

I use the Quadlock system with an iPhone. I have the appropriate brackets for all my vehicles, including push bike. The iPhone case comes with a poncho to protect the phone from rain, though it was waterproof enough to ride through a torrential downpour on the way home one day.

RAM mounts are the most flexible but can be expensive, and their generic mobile waterproof phone holders do not let the touch screens work.

Dedicated bike satnavs usually come with a RAM kit but are expensive.

Start with the phone / satnav and look for handle bar mount kits for it.

Check the sites listed above by Mike onesea and Mr W for good value stuff.

Just installed my phone mount and it was jiggling about like crazy, I did expect this being on a bike but not to the extent where I was actually worried my phone might come off when going at higher speeds. After about 2/3 minutes I had to pull over and take it out.

Has anyone had any issues with losing phones out of the holders before? Or is this more me being paranoid?

My bike is a Yamaha YS125, so no screen for the phone to sit behind.

I bought a really cheap one from eBay. It seems fairly secure and I can tighten some more. If you're worried about it coming loose, maybe attach a tether so it doesn't go completely AWOL.

Just installed my phone mount and it was jiggling about like crazy, I did expect this being on a bike but not to the extent where I was actually worried my phone might come off when going at higher speeds. After about 2/3 minutes I had to pull over and take it out.

Has anyone had any issues with losing phones out of the holders before? Or is this more me being paranoid?

My bike is a Yamaha YS125, so no screen for the phone to sit behind.

Don't have this problem with my Quadlock system, it's as solid as a rock. You get what you pay for.

I bought a really cheap one from eBay.

ooh the one I suggested? they are surprisingly good!

I think so. There were a bunch that all looked fairly similar, so I just ordered the cheapest UK based one. Seems good so far, only had one ride with it but it did me fine. Thanks.