Welsh TT

Bianco2564

Anybody know of any campsites in the area? Official campsite is for caravans/motor homes only.

There is a page now about official off-site camping at Llanwyrtd Wells.

Appears to be a few existing sites in the area aswell

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/results.asp?county=powys

Would think any shrewd landowners in the area would seize the chance to make a few quid by opening a temporary campsite for the weekend?

Hi, A little bit out of the area, up near Tregaron but still gives you a nice blast down to track is this Campsite, run by a very close friends of mine, www.aeronviewcamping.co.uk and you could do the mountain road back over from Llandovery or Cynghordy to Tregaron if you like a challenge :D :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up but it looks like this will not be happening. :crybaby:

Confirmed now not going ahead... Gutted!

Important News

The directors of the Welsh Road Race regretfully announce the postponement of the 2018 Welsh Road Race. This is due to recent changes in legislation on the Road Traffic Act in Wales. A date for the 2019 event has already been requested and will be announced shortly.

On the 9th of January this year, there was a hearing with regard to the repeal of the Road Traffic Act. The repeal was to allow the use of closed Public Roads for Motorsport events. This repeal came into effect yesterday, on the 2nd February.

The Welsh Road Race had gained permissions previously, but the current change in legislation, has put the the timescale of the event into jeopardy, as there will not be enough time to obtain the correct permissions now to permit the event.

"We are working closely with the ACU, Crown Properties and Powys County Council to organise the Welsh Road Race, and under the new changes in legislation, the new deadlines that have been imposed, will make it very difficult to carry out a safe and successful event', said Derek Smith, Managing Director of the Welsh Road Race, " the Board of Directors are absolutely devastated, for all the supporters and all concerned with the event. We have began steps to contact all our supporters and sponsors who are involved in the event."

Paul King, Chairman of the ACU Road Race Committee said, "Following concerns raised with the Auto Cycle Union at the end of the year about the proposed Welsh Road Race in August 2018, Members of the ACU Road Race Committee recently met with the event organisers, to understand what was being proposed and what was required for the event to progress.

In order for the ACU Road Race Committee to sanction the event, a list of requirements required from the Organisers was agreed. It would appear that the timetable to achieve the event for 2018 cannot be achieved.

The ACU Road Race Committee will endeavour to assist the organisers in progressing the event for 2019."

I was gutted when I heard this. We had our crew together planned camping got permissions from the old lady's, mine booked holiday to look after lil one and now all for nothing. Feel for you guys that booked hotels, well a couple days in Wales protesting under the tmbf banner maybe, in other words pub crawl club style? Lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Anyone else off to Wales this weekend ? I'm staying in Merthyr Tidfyl no Welsh RR but plenty of roads to ride around. Got some new Hepco & Becker panniers but had to marmalise one indicator for the relocation of em. one on order, I may end up doing hand signals if its not here in time :lol:

I'm in Brecon this weekend but in car now :crybaby:

If I see sometime flapping their arms about I'll give you a wave :thumb:

Here's to next year, hopefully the race will be on and I'll be back on the bike.

Well had a great time in Wales, totally exhausting though. Loads of bikes out and about.

See the website for road race is down now so guessing totally scrapped? Last I see was still meant to be on next year.

Aiming to go back to Brecon next year but want to make a week of it, weekend definitely not enough time. Planning on getting up Pen-Y-Fan still, that's been my nemesis so far, intended to do it at Christmas but weather was too bad so that was secondary objective when I planned this trip before I did leg :roll:

Sorted some alternate travel for this trip though as no bike...

20180806_115345.thumb.jpg.0ef4f5f46eab9039bea8619e2830b115.jpg

You'll be running up and down those mountains before you know it

Can guarantee that! Do love a good hike up a mountain and so annoying seeing that, the black mountains and all the others while being stuck in a car.