Just my little YBR

Had it since August now and have made a few changes to it.

First was the exhaust, the old one had rotted and a standard new one was £140. downpipe and a cheap can from ebay cost £90 :lol:

I've added some LED spot lights because my commute involves going down some sketchy unlit roads, they seriously light the road up.

I did have a truck horn at one point but cant find the pictures of it.

anyway some pics..

Riding in the snow, I ride all year round.

25348546_1490632494324298_3938970527629643054_n.thumb.jpg.e56a1588ffc7a07d36e3600b7a6d0d92.jpg

Taking some new tyres to my car as well as new exhaust fitted.

25299538_1491368140917400_7180640180337856511_n.thumb.jpg.0b67f6d7809a2ef2a4415e35df7a6baf.jpg

and painted the engine black.

26001402_1501905359863678_8257586135667233520_n.thumb.jpg.1433fdef2b11159e28c687caab48ebde.jpg

as and when i make changes ill post some pics here and there :roll: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

The bike has been doing strict commuting duties without much care given to it, its MOT is due on 2nd Feb and it's giving me a few jobs to get done. Hopefully I'll have time to get them all done and it will pass with flying colours (with my luck it won't and ill be a bus w4nk3r for a few weeks. :roll:

Front brake has gone soft, I've tried to bleed it up but no improvement. New master cylinder and calliper should solve that issue.

The battery has lost its charge completely, luckily the bike still starts after a few kicks on the kickstart but a new battery is required.

The headlight is only working on high beam now, This has happened before so I think it will just be the bulb again.

Someone has taken out the bolt on the right-hand side of the headlight leaving the headlight loose, I suspect it was one of the bar staff where I work taking it for their own bike, but one will be sourced and headlight aimed correctly again.

The swingarm has some surface rust starting to show in a few areas, it should be ok with a quick sand down and some hammerite.

The pillion peg holders are also starting to rust so they'll get the same treatment.

The chain needs to be adjusted a little and so does the rear brake.

I've changed my route to work and no longer need the LED spotlights so they'll be getting removed when I change the battery.

Needs a basic service soon, Oil change, spark plug and air filter should do the trick. It had valve clearances done on the last service so should be ok until the next one.

After all that's done, I'll put it through an MOT and if it fails, Ill smash the testers skull into a million pieces. :lol:

I've had some "evil" thoughts about turning it into a cafe racer when I get my new bike in June too but well see :roll: :shock:

My little YBR, touring Scotland.

5733643420_e9bc66cb39_z.jpg

Highlights included 25mph up the Dukes Pass with a line of cars behind me. A trip to Fort William in -5 degrees. The Fife Coastal road, where the 50mph speed limits were appreciated. I often sat on the pillion seat and rested back on the top box

5401147343_a22f9b73ba_z.jpg

they're great little bikes, they just keep going no matter how much abuse you throw at them. Though the furthest I've ever taken mine was Wolverhampton to Matlock Bath and back. Hopefully ill be getting another machine for commuting duties some point this year and I can keep the YBR for the fun days out.

If I could have kept my YBR I would have. I doubled the mileage from 4000 (done by 4 previous owners) to 8000 and sold it for £300 less than I paid for it (well traded it in with the trade in value beign £300 less). It never let me down, but like you, keeping on top of corrosion using Hammerite was a regular job.

I like you are carrying tons and using it all year round.

• 2 weeks later...

Have been busy working and riding, sorted out a couple of issues but got plenty more to deal with now :roll: headlight is now secure and working properly, no more high beam is low beam and low beam is high beam bollocks. Adjusted chain and rewired rear indicators after the left only came on when the front one was on-on right.

Oil change is due again, in fact I'm 450 miles overdue. Got to try and stretch it out another two weeks as I need to buy another 17mm socket and somebody has nicked mine :evil: the clutch cable either needs a good soak in some oil or replacing too as its gone really stiff :roll: (insert immature joke here) and there's plenty of corrosion/rust that needs to be dealt with. But as per usual it keeps trundling on, on its commuting duties.

FB_IMG_1517413134591.thumb.jpg.76c361f64c5da8f7b00bf24e3063b8fa.jpg

I can recommend ebay user "motorcycle_recycle" for cables

I got one a couple of months ago and it was a direct replacement

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/motorcycle-recycle1/_i.html?_nkw=ybr+cable&submit=

Thanks, I'm going to see what if anything taking the cable off and soaking it in oil overnight does first. Might just be that I've not lubed it up in months. (Yes insert another immature joke here) but I'll definitely use that seller should I need a new one, prices aren't as bad as others I've seen.

Had a day off today so got around to doing some work on the bike.

I took the clutch cable off last night and put it in a bag full of cheap lubricant oil, left it overnight. Took it out this morning wiped excess oil away and refitted it, clutch cable is very smooth again. Saved myself £10-£15 8-)

Oil change was second on the list, it was 500 miles over due :shock:

FB_IMG_1518025800968.thumb.jpg.70c2af01074a3d2066c71e9ebad4ff87.jpg

Last job was taking the 52L top box and rack off. I've just gone to another company which doesn't require me to take any radios etc etc with me to work so the top box and rack are no longer needed

Seat off

FB_IMG_1518025345301.thumb.jpg.c94de45fff2e402e5c9732aef1c36254.jpg

Rack off

FB_IMG_1518025358598.thumb.jpg.1bd5e5b1dd4b21c2c38073871d1ac770.jpg

Seat back on

FB_IMG_1518025364461.thumb.jpg.99cb8951b55a55689ab13f3239b02fde.jpg

Could a mod please move this thread to the project section?

Edited by BigHeavy1095

Haven't been able to do much to the bike but this happened...

IMG_20180210_005629_071.thumb.jpg.92acf5bff6ffcd509e28c435ece5152e.jpg

Got into a incident with a taxi driver who had no license :evil: my head may have twitched and accidentally headbutted him when he told me that :roll: :lol:

Its only pushing me to get started. Bars are bent and there's a few scrapes so bars will be changed first and tank filled/painted 8-)

IMG_20180210_005629_071.jpg

Got into a incident with a taxi driver who had no license :evil: my head may have twitched and accidentally headbutted him when he told me that :roll: :lol:

Its only pushing me to get started. Bars are bent and there's a few scrapes so bars will be changed first and tank filled/painted 8-)

Entry for the worst photo on the planet competition. Hope you are OK though.

IMG_20180210_005629_071.jpg

Entry for the worst photo on the planet competition. Hope you are OK though.

Haha it was taken to prove to my boss that I had a genuine reason for being late to a job :lol: blame him for poor quality, it was taken on the shite work phone he provided :lol: I'm good just cuts and bruises