Rucksacks

I wear a rucksack almost every time I commute on the bike, and I tend to have a tin of soup or a lunch box in there :shock:. Never thought into the problems of it before now, :lol:. I'd get a tailbag like one of those linked, however I don't want a pad on the back all the time and I'm too lazy* to strap one down each morning.

*Running late 99% of the time.

Part of the no rucksack for me if I find them awkward when doing shoulder checks. Why don't you want a pad on the back all the time? A pillion could sit on top if needed.

The alternative is the little clip things that Kreiga use as they can be hidden under your seat when not in use (I am led to believe)

I wear a rucksack almost every time I commute on the bike, and I tend to have a tin of soup or a lunch box in there :shock:.

If that's pretty much all you do have you could look at this or similar... I got a large magnetic tank bag for my Trophy that is great but will not fit on the TDM :?

https://www.rydestore.com/ryde-magnetic-motorcycle-tank-bag-with-map-window.html

I have used a couple of rucksacks as tail bags chest clip and waist belt on the pillion handles go the job, If you don't have pillion handles that's an issue as well...

Cargo nets are cheap but a bit of PITA to be honest so I try and avoid using it to often.

Its all personnel choice, it was my local mechanic that pointed it out to me, since then I have avoided rucksacks but then cannot say I don't do it ever...

I'm biased. For for £30, get the Held tail/tank bag I've got. It's the same price as you average rucksack, but attached to a bike with ease. The Lomo is a few quid cheaper, but you would need to cargo net it or wear it. - I'm also in the band of "don't wear a ruck sack on the bike".

If you want something much sleeker looking, and don't mind spending the cash then go with a Kreiga US bag. They are worth it from what I have heard.

Thanks guys/girls

I have ordered the held bag to give it a go. If i use it lots then i’ll order a kriega US20 at somepoint in the future!

In true me style, I bought a second hand / used once held bag as above...

...then also ordered a kriega us20 for the fun of it.

One of them probably won’t be used! I hope that some time i will need to add them together to make it worth it!