Battery Help, Please!

Moonraker

Evening,

Apologies if this has been asked before - I had a quick look but couldn't see.

My little SV650s (2000) needs a new battery and I'm searching, and searching online but I just want to ask....

I know you generally get what you pay for but what's the difference between the battery options? Which is "best"? Will any battery do?

I know I need a YT12ABS battery, but prices vary as do types. Gel? Lithium? What will be best? As usual I'm a tight wad if I can help it.

Thanks in advance

Edit: example list... https://www.tayna.co.uk/Suzuki-SV650-99-02-650-cc-Motorcycle-Batteries-D15373.html

@Stu - As long as cracking = longevity and good starting power, that'll be good with me.

@MR_W - I had been told these were good too.

Have a day off from being a tightwad. Get a Motobatt. Advanced Glass mat Battery. (AGM)

I think you want an MBTX9U

A what now? Is MBTX9U the same as the YT12ABS Numax battery I pulled out of my bike this evening?

@Stu - As long as cracking = longevity and good starting power, that'll be good with me.

A what now? Is MBTX9U the same as the YT12ABS Numax battery I pulled out of my bike this evening?

they will do more than what you ask of it :wink:

I ran one on my TL a few years back and it turned over a dream! I also run one on the FJR too

you also failed to read the add :lol:

Replaces: YTX9BS, YT12ABS, YTZ12S, YTZ14S

I've just got a new Motobatt for my bike......There was another brand available for around £20 less than the Motobatt, but the Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) was significantly lower, so I went with the Motobatt again...... :thumb:

you also failed to read the add :lol:

Replaces: YTX9BS, YT12ABS, YTZ12S, YTZ14S

I did!! :oops: My bad.

Well Suzuki isn't in the list on https://www.motorcyclepartswarehouse.co.uk/motobatt-mbtx9u-motorcycle-battery.html?gclid=CjwKCAiA8bnUBRA-EiwAc0hZk90Ec5nieqGPJLxhBtwZc1hOxwVRHRapqZEa2GciunLKgz9B9EraMBoCaWoQAvD_BwE but if it replaces the YT12ABS then good ol' logic says that it'll be fine.

So I'll be a little less of a tightwad and see if I can grab a motobatt.

@Tango's comment on the cold cranking amps assisted.

Thanks all! Hoping the battery will arrive nice and quickly, I've got some pubs to find!

Thank you.

I tend to use my phone and the username doesn't always pop up.

[mention]markhibberd5[/mention] I am using my phone now and it works fine here!

I wonder if it's a slow connection stopping it working or something?

You're not the first to have an issue on your phone though! Maybe you're typing too fast :lol:

Always Yuasa for me, never fit any think else to customers bikes, average live span of 5-6 years, [mention]markhibberd5[/mention] the Motobatt you just brought has lower cranking power than Yuasa,

160 for motobatt 175 for yuasa!! :(

Always Yuasa for me, never fit any think else to customers bikes, average live span of 5-6 years, @markhibberd5 the Motobatt you just brought has lower cranking power than Yuasa,

160 for motobatt 175 for yuasa!! :(

£20 cheaper though, how much difference does 15 CCA make? Is that the difference in surviving a few degrees lower temp or just lasting a bit longer once being left out?