cpi suv 125cc

cockercas

Seen as i can't find out anything about these bikes on the net il add my thorghts.

I refer to it as my piece of crap, even tho ive not really had any problems with it.

Its got 2 nobbly tyres, a big headlamp and an engine.

Speed wise it dose 70mph, i dont ride it at 70mph though i ride it at 60mph.

It accelerates faster then my jimny 4x4.

Disk breaks front and back, seem ok. Ive done a couple of emergancy stops on the road and it stopped fairly quick.

Engine seems pretty basic/bombproof. No mecanical issues. I change the oil every 1000 miles or less, not because its chinese id do it with any bike.

Eletrics (appoligies for spelling)

Nothing brilliant, odd spray of wd40 now and then keeps the moisture out.

So my bike seems pretty solid. Two things have gone wrong.

1, one of the nuts holding the exsaust onto the engine come loose and fell off, i put this down to my mate who had it before me puting nylon locking nuts on and the heat melted the nylon. I put another nut on and its still there.

2.the cdi unit stopped working so i had no spark.

New one cost £6 of ebay and took 10min to fit.

So my bike seems ok, im not to bad with a set of spanners and enjoy pulling things apart but this bike hasn't give me an oppertunity to do so in the 2500 miles ive done on it.

Oh the rev counter stopped working one day while riding but ive not looked at it yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have one of these, got it to save the MZ getting winter salt etc,,, CPI sacrificial anode of the bike world.

Just had the cdi unit changed under warranty but no probs apart from this.

I got the bike last Feb and for £1200 with 3 year warranty I am quite happy with it, liked the style and it fitted my 6'2 frame.

From new I found the bike very revvy so fitted a 37 tooth rear sprocket, you can just squeeze in a 14 tooth on the front and this dropped about 1800 rpm of top so 50 is just the other side of 6 grand, easier cruising + 90 mpg

Like your self the exhaust downpipe bolt fractured but just replaced with quality bolts ok, the rear foot rest failed along the weld to exhaust hanger, again a warranty job.

The engine is a copy of the CG125 but cannot understand why they have the odd gear change pattern or is this standard across Asia, read that Indian 125's follow this pattern????

You don't see many on the road, see how it goes eh!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Still running the bike, going really well and seems to have run in nicely.Will happily motor along at 55 running up to 60 if need a be, service it myself tappits oil and plug are a doddle and that's about it. Down side are the tyres are lethal in the wet and cannot seem to find more road biased ones pity. I like this bike and intend to keep for a few years yet, May look at the Logan 200cc engine if it fits in, looks to be the same external dimensions, the 125 I'd ok for my 8 mile commute though, will take it to Dragon next february so see u their.

• 1 year later...

I know it's been a while since anyone posted in this forum, but I bought a CPI last month and have my CBT tomorrow. It didn't come with a manual so I'm a bit put off by how the choke works. I also live in cold, wet and icy Scotland and was hoping someone could tell me what PSI I should aim for?

Hey, do you mean you're not sure how chokes work in general or how the one on this bike works? I dunno if it's got a strange one!

If it's the first you will need to open the choke (by pulling the lever towards you) before you start the bike. Depending on many factors will depend how much you need to open it for the bike to start. Try on about half first, if it doesn't turn over try a bit more. Once it starts you will need to leave the choke on for a while until the engine warms up. How long is a while you ask? Well that is kinda weather and bike dependant too! The little intruder is good after a couple of minutes, the NInja needs a smidge more (but that has a temperature gauge for delightful cheating). You can ride the bike with the choke on (just remember to turn it off!) or you can leave the bike running on the stand and turn the choke off before you set off.

If you turn the choke off too soon the engine will either splutter a lot or cut out. if this happens put a bit more choke on for a smidge longer.

• 5 months later...

The engine is a copy of the CG125 but cannot understand why they have the odd gear change pattern or is this standard across Asia, read that Indian 125's follow this pattern????

Remember the FS1E and YB100, 4 straight down boxes on those, sounds like they have just shoehorned another ratio into this Japanese sourced gearbox!

Remember the FS1E and YB100, 4 straight down boxes on those, sounds like they have just shoehorned another ratio into this Japanese sourced gearbox!

There was a 4-down variant of the CG, limited edition ones made with the electrics of the newer 12v version but in the bodywork of the 6v version. Sold in Japan only, for a very limited run. A few made their way to these shores courtesy of importers, one ended up on my driveway. Probably based on one of those!

• 7 months later...

I also have a cpi suv 125 . Great little bike .

Only things I have needed to change after 6500 miles is wheel bearings . Chain and sprocket . Exhaust studs .

Things I will be changing will be the exhaust as its seen better days . Also a decent set of road tyres .

• 6 months later...

Hi guys I have a cpi SUV but typically the clip what hold the spring in place went flying out so wasn't a good day you lot are saying the engine is a cg125 copy but what do I type in for parts for the engine thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi I have just got a CPI SUV 125 great bike am very happy with it. I noticed that you have changed the rear sprocket and I too need to do this but am finding it difficult to find a stockiest could you let me know where you got yours

Thanks Ian

• 4 months later...

Hi.

Could someone please tell me where in the UK I can buy a new CPI SUV motorbike? Are there any dealers that stock them.

I see some of you own one, so maybe you can help me. I'd be very grateful for any help on this. My thanks in advance.

Reg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi does anyone know where I can find a rear break calliper for these? It's like a needle in a hay stack. Or if anyone knows if they have one lying around they'd be willing to sell. Also does anyone know where I can find a manual? I'm building one atm

20221226_151545.thumb.jpg.28aec101869b675dc432748e440ce450.jpg