Oil and filter change yamaha mt125

Beans

Hi. Not at all technical but changing the oil and filter looks within my compass. As I'm running the bike in I believe frequent oil changes are good.

In the manual it states to replace the filter and the o ring. Does the o ring come in the box with the new filter? Only googling for oil filter o ring yamaha mt125 doesn't return any results suggesting you don't buy them separately?

Forgive the ignorance.

It will come together with the filter, rub some oil on it too before you install it ;).

I'm inclined to agree that the O ring does come in the box , in fact I can clearly remember there being O rings in the boxes of the hundreds of paper element type oil filters that I sold when I worked for M&P . However, looking through everything that's on eBay I can see no evidence at all of O rings being included. I guess if the bike is still being run in it probably wouldn't hurt to re use the original O ring at least once.

• 1 month later...

You may need a tool to remove the old filter.

You could risk using the old seal.

Get the oil as hot as possible before you drain it and make sure you remove the correct drain bolt.

Hi There's no o ring fitted on the oil filter for a mt125, there's a casing o ring, which is shaped to the casing, but no o ring just for the filters, they just push on. Held in place by outer casing.

I think it's a terminology thing. If you can take a look at this YouTube video

From 6:38 to 7:00 and beyond. That seal, what's it called and where do I get one?

@Westbeef to the rescue again. :cheers:

Its booked into Sport and Custom next weekend but I said I'll provide oil and filter so want to make sure I've got everything.

@Westbeef to the rescue again. :cheers:

Its booked into Sport and Custom next weekend but I said I'll provide oil and filter so want to make sure I've got everything.

Good stuff :thumb: you won't be dissappointed with S&C :D