Any dentists?

Via

My wife works at a private practise, has her own patients etc so I assume she'd know what irks you.

What are the symptoms? Though if it's a horrible tooth ache it's probably decay, that has infected the root of the tooth and will now need a root canal. That's what it is 80% of the time.

My wife works at a private practise, has her own patients etc so I assume she'd know what irks you.

What are the symptoms? Though if it's a horrible tooth ache it's probably decay, that has infected the root of the tooth and will now need a root canal. That's what it is 80% of the time.

Did you just disagnose the man without even hearing his story? I’m impressed :lol:

Did you just disagnose the man without even hearing his story? I’m impressed :lol:

Wouldn't call a "if it's this, it's probably that" guess a diagnosis :lol:

I've heard all sorts of horror stories from my wifes work, so I'm interested to see where this one ranks.

Basically I've a impacted wisdom tooth (laying flat) which is pushing forward as a result the tooth in front is now being crushed, last x-ray shows tooth bent in the middle now.

As a result it has cracked along gum line, I've been waiting to have it removed since June last year and after delays I finally got an appointment last month for it to be removed under sedation, but they were unable to complete it as despite given maximum anesthetic they could not numb tooth (dentist believes extra nerve). So I've now been referred to have it removed under general anaesthetic but there is a 40 week waiting list :shock: !

I get waves of pain in tooth e.g. Right now it's fine and wouldn't think anything wrong with it then all of the sudden it's like someone sticking a nail in my gum. My dentist has not offered much help regarding this and every time I've gone to him in pain he's said it's infected and just given me antibiotics, I honestly don't think it is though as had infected tooth before and different type of pain, I think where it's cracked nerve is exposed (plus I've caught it couple of times brushing).

My main questions...

He has offered to drill nerve out, but if they can't numb it to remove tooth would they be able to numb it to remove nerve?

If they can and remove nerve wouldn't they then be able to remove it?

Are there any other options, paying for private removal under GA is simply not affordable.

Basically I've a impacted wisdom tooth (laying flat) which is pushing forward as a result the tooth in front is now being crushed, last x-ray shows tooth bent in the middle now.

As a result it has cracked along gum line, I've been waiting to have it removed since June last year and after delays I finally got an appointment last month for it to be removed under sedation, but they were unable to complete it as despite given maximum anesthetic they could not numb tooth (dentist believes extra nerve). So I've now been referred to have it removed under general anaesthetic but there is a 40 week waiting list :shock: !

I get waves of pain in tooth e.g. Right now it's fine and wouldn't think anything wrong with it then all of the sudden it's like someone sticking a nail in my gum. My dentist has not offered much help regarding this and every time I've gone to him in pain he's said it's infected and just given me antibiotics, I honestly don't think it is though as had infected tooth before and different type of pain, I think where it's cracked nerve is exposed (plus I've caught it couple of times brushing).

My main questions...

He has offered to drill nerve out, but if they can't numb it to remove tooth would they be able to numb it to remove nerve?

If they can and remove nerve wouldn't they then be able to remove it?

Are there any other options, paying for private removal under GA is simply not affordable.

Yikes :shock:

I have an impacted wisdom tooth too, and need some teeth filing down and a brace to free up space and sort out the cramped lowers. Sounds like you've got an extreme version of what I have there.

If the pain is severe a dentist shouldn't be able to just turn you away and make you wait. They have emergency appointments for this reason.

Worst case, get your dental file and check into A&E when the pain is severe. That seems like your only option to get that tooth out in a hurry.

The referral process and waiting time is a joke. I'll let my missus know, and see what she says.

Yeah it's becoming a joke, impacted tooth was diagnosed years ago but never caused an issue until about 3 years back when it suddenly decided to start growing forward.

Been told A&E won't help unless it's been caused by a trauma.

Just seems to be never ending and constantly interfering with everything.

My youngest boy who lives in NL had a wisdom tooth removed in hospital last week......referral time from dentist to having it done in the hospital was one week.

But then, their health service hasn't been run into the ground by their government so they can sell it off to VirginCare and other interested parties.

I nearly mentioned the "B" word and the non-existent 350 million a week then. :lol:

DUvwDobXUAA25fT.thumb.jpg.5024f0b33545b9e856d006b9842a615f.jpg

Yeah it's becoming a joke, impacted tooth was diagnosed years ago but never caused an issue until about 3 years back when it suddenly decided to start growing forward.

Been told A&E won't help unless it's been caused by a trauma.

Just seems to be never ending and constantly interfering with everything.

I've got a couple of ice hockey sticks here or a cricket ball. £10 a tooth (note, I cannot guarantee I get the right tooth first time).

I was thinking open face helmet and follow a van down gravel track... Trouble is it's right at the back so will take a good few other teeth before I get it :lol:

I feel for you via ... Hate dentists , not the actual dentist as a person , except one, the fooking spiteful bitch ( long story )

Hope you get it sorted with minimal pain :thumb:

I had to have all 4 wisdom teeth out in one sitting, whilst conscious and one was in so tight the dentist was really yanking it and all I could hear was the creaking and feel the pressure, then the anesthetic wore off and it was really painful, not to mention not being able to eat for about a week.

It was worth it though they were really hurting beforehand and it does get better after a week.

Spoke to my Mrs.

Your wisdom tooth has over erupted. You biting down actually keeps your teeth in their position. A sideways wisdom tooth has nothing to stop it.

She said if there’s a dental hospital near you and the pain is extreme. Call ahead and tell them and check yourself in and they should deal with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me how it is that when I went NHS to have a hernia repair operation which went very well and included breakfast, dinner and tea plus extra tea and biscuits and free drugs and aftercare it cost me nothing . But when I go to the NHS dentist's to have one tooth pulled out it cost me £56 for f**k sake ! How does that work then ? 😬

Can anyone tell me how it is that when I went NHS to have a hernia repair operation which went very well and included breakfast, dinner and tea plus extra tea and biscuits and free drugs and aftercare it cost me nothing . But when I go to the NHS dentist's to have one tooth pulled out it cost me £56 for f**k sake ! How does that work then ? 😬

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My thoughts exactly! So far has cost me over £300 on dentist bills in past year and that's excluding prescription costs.