Grumpy Old Git

<t>Attendance at the 2018 Rally</t>  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Attendance at the 2018 Rally

• Genuine willingness to attend if possible
    • Location near Uttoxeter
    • Location near Huntingdon
    • Location near Nottingham
    • Willing to pay for camping (max £20 per tent for the weekend)
    • Willing to pay for camping (max £10 per tent for the weekend)
    • Will only attend if camping is free
    • End of July
    • August
    • Beginning of September

Ok - So are we having one this year?

I'm looking at venues - helping Stu out - but need to know if there is enough interest out there to warrant sleepless hours of searching the interweb, ringing venues and liaising with Stu so - Please be honest with this poll:

:cheers:

Where's the option for;

"I'll come, wherever, whenever and for whatever" :lol:

Obviously I wont be paying £100 to camp but you get the idea.

Ditto :stupid:

10th anniversary of TMBF rallies too :shock:

We will do our best to attend as usual! :lol: :cheers:

Sue's been looking for a venue, with Stu, for a good while!

I think compromises will have to be made somewhere!

Could be no function room, could be no B and B,

could be location.

We're stuck for a lot of dates, Aug is best for us of the options offered.

Alan/GOG, would it be possible to have more information on the possible venues in the poll please?

Stu told me about a venue in Uttoxeter, but it would be good to know what the other possible venues have in regards to facilities :)

Also what are people's real priorities for the rally?

The ride out? The facilities? The Social? (piss up).

To get a venue, at this short notice, something will have to give.

Yeah, thinking about it, the social side is the most important. Can ride wherever and whenever. A big enough function room, decent food, good beer, somewhere to dance and sing. Our exclusive camping area would be good, a few power points for the caravans and decent toilets and showers.

Oh and well done GoG and Stu for doing this again.

Edited by megawatt

I have to agree with Beefy - the social side of the Rally has to be top of my priorities.

To be honest, there's not much point in a Rally without the social to bring us all together. It would just end up being little groups sitting in tents! :lol:

To get B&B on site, a function room, decent toilets and showers for a reasonable price is a non-starter. I can get all those for circa £850 + camping / caravan fees. For Stu to agree to those prices, we would need individual non-refundable deposits of around £50 each (or less if we get quite a few).

However, for basic facilities we can get a free function room and free camping (vans are £12 per night) but no on-site B&B (some close by) - That is the Uttoxeter option).

The cheapest camp site I can find with (limited) B&B on site is £25 per tent per night and rooms (doubles) at £85 including breakfast BUT, no function room.

If anyone can find something suitable, please shout up as soon as possible.

:cheers:

How about Brighton...

I second Brighton ! :thumb:

Or anything near Dover, like Eastbourne, Hastings, Folkstone...

But I fear that campings along the coast only [except aaaghh... stupid mistake... this is what I meant-->] accept pure Gold as a currency in Summer ... :mrgreen:

But seroiusly, I would like to visit your Rally if possible.

You know, I joined this Forum for I was planning a camping trip to the Lake District by bike last year.

Did not turn out that way, I went by car with the wife instead.

Great trip, great holiday, no problem there, as some of you know from my posts at the time.

But I still would like to come over to the UK bij bike some day; it has been such a long time.

Now I overheard my wife and daughter plotting a 'girls only' trip to Italy for them two plus my daughter's 2 daughters in August.

No boys allowed... :shock:

So I'm hoping that I can sneak out when they are abroad, and come over to England....

I think anything up to the Midlands is doable, since I would cross to Dover.

So I'll see what comes out of the poll.

I'll leave my preferences in there too, need to consult a map though to see what is where.

Oh, and maybe you won't expect this from a Dutchman, but I would very much like a social event... !

Yes! 8-)

Edited by old-timer