WSBK 2018 ASSEN

AlexCrosbie

Got my yearly pilgrimage to Assen booked for April to watch the WSBK thrash it round the track !

Two questions :

Anyone else getting themselves out there ?

Anyone know a better route from rotterdam to Assen that doesnt involve motorways :roll:

Anyone know a better route from rotterdam to Assen that doesnt involve motorways :roll:

I can ask a mate but I'm pretty sure they are all shit!

Thanks Stu !

Yeah done the journey for a bout 6 years running now and im yet to find anything / any way interesting

I can ask a mate but I'm pretty sure they are all shit!

Thanks Stu !

Yeah done the journey for a bout 6 years running now and im yet to find anything / any way interesting

I have a mate who lives in Holland so I have asked him the question

There is also [mention]old-timer[/mention] who lives there so he may reply with something too :)

my mates response

If you stay off motorways (A) and go on smaller roads 👎 it just takes f**king ages because of all the villages and sleeping policemen

N numbered roads are 50mph roads but up north they're all straight, bloody awful

just get there and have a beer

Sorry for my late response, I've been picking up my freshly bought used motorbike, so I was more or less occupied...

I fear that Stu's mate's response says it all, really.

Though I don't quite understand his remark about sleeping police men...

Especially when there are events in Assen, one must be sure not to exceed speed limits in that area or they hunt you down with AK-40's...

But yeah, we do have lots of villages along secondary roads and only few roads are interesting to ride. Most of them are boring and straight.

Only good thing about these roads is that, unlike in the UK, they pass by these villages instead of going straight through their crowded centres.

But that hardly makes them interesting to ride.

I'm sorry that I have to say this about my own country, but it is the way it is...

When we want to ride nice exciting roads, we mostly go to Germany or Belgium ( the Ardennes that is. Flanders is just as bad as NL).

I wished I could be more positive, but Holland just happens to be flat, and small, and there are 17 million of us, packed in little villages...

I do hope that you will enjoy 'Assen' though.

Have a good trip !

my mates response

If you stay off motorways (A) and go on smaller roads 👎 it just takes f**king ages because of all the villages and sleeping policemen

N numbered roads are 50mph roads but up north they're all straight, bloody awful

just get there and have a beer

Haha well fair enough.

I will take the adivce smash up there the normal way and have more beer :cheers:

Sorry for my late response, I've been picking up my freshly bought used motorbike, so I was more or less occupied...

I fear that Stu's mate's response says it all, really.

Though I don't quite understand his remark about sleeping police men...

Especially when there are events in Assen, one must be sure not to exceed speed limits in that area or they hunt you down with AK-40's...

But yeah, we do have lots of villages along secondary roads and only few roads are interesting to ride. Most of them are boring and straight.

Only good thing about these roads is that, unlike in the UK, they pass by these villages instead of going straight through their crowded centres.

But that hardly makes them interesting to ride.

I'm sorry that I have to say this about my own country, but it is the way it is...

When we want to ride nice exciting roads, we mostly go to Germany or Belgium ( the Ardennes that is. Flanders is just as bad as NL).

I wished I could be more positive, but Holland just happens to be flat, and small, and there are 17 million of us, packed in little villages...

I do hope that you will enjoy 'Assen' though.

Have a good trip !

Yeah i lived in hope there would be some secret biker route that was good but hey ho !

Thanks for the response appreciate it !