25mm caliper seals Lexmoto XTRS

rider555

Hi

I'm looking for 25mm Piston seal kits, is for Lexmoto XTRS but they don't sell them so after striping calipers and inspecting them I notice the duster seal are a bit worn, looking around I can find 25.5mm seal kits but nothing in 25mm. Do you reckon I get away with it 0.5mm difference.

If anyone needs to know if your brakes sticking on lexmoto XTRS most likely is not down to the piston fault, Caliper have 2 sliding pins one of them goes inside rubber boot and the other just have little external rubber then slides in to alloy, any water gets in there creating corrosion on that pin and stick, even when you pistons release caliper body can't adjust, I must admit the metal on that pin is crap and take care when removing rust ect, as sanding down to much you will reduce pin diameter and have lot more problem. Piston Dimension 25mm wide 27mm long.

Honestly I don't think you'll get away with 25.5mm seals, they have to be a proper good fit. What makes you think the dust seals are worn, they don't see a lot of action really?

I'd be tempted to clear out the seal grooves and reuse the old seals..

I agree , carefully scrape out the muck and mineralization from the grooves in the calipers and use the old seals ( hope you know which way up they go ) I did this on my GSXR and the difference was astonishing, the braking went from poor to almost dangerously good . Don't risk using the wrong size seals .

Hi, Not sure if these would be of use, but first clean grooves out like everyone else has said, brakes still won't work with new seals, if grooves are still full of crud!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caliper-Piston-Seal-Kit-25mm-x-27mm-AJP-Caliper-Pair/282868132216?hash=item41dc412978:g:5KkAAOSwmudaAvzM

Hi, Not sure if these would be of use, but first clean grooves out like everyone else has said, brakes still won't work with new seals, if grooves are still full of crud!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caliper-Piston-Seal-Kit-25mm-x-27mm-AJP-Caliper-Pair/282868132216?hash=item41dc412978:g:5KkAAOSwmudaAvzM

Doesn't 25 x 27 mean outside diameter 27 mm ?

Honestly I don't think you'll get away with 25.5mm seals, they have to be a proper good fit. What makes you think the dust seals are worn, they don't see a lot of action really?

I'd be tempted to clear out the seal grooves and reuse the old seals..

I did exactly this for now, the thin duster they might not see lot of action but definitely get lot of crap on them.

25mm diameter and 27mm piston length

I done the rear brakes last week and was very easy to bleed, now the front was a pig of a job for some reason, most likely because the fluid drained from pipe on floor and caliper was empty where the rear had fluid in pipe and I filled the caliper with fluid before putting on bike, oh well lesson learned.

That AJP kit might work

I do wonder if this would work

http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/honda/cbr_125_rb/11/picture/piston_seal_and_dust_seal_front_brake/

25mm diameter and 27mm piston length

Aha ! Thank you .