Bike Trac security!!

Hi All, Im looking for the first bike!! As the bike wont be cheap and my first insurace to make a claim will be 1k in exess fee, was thinking about fitting tracker to the bike. I came across Bike Trac company. It costs 370£ device + instalation. There ia also around 100£ yearly service fee. It gives 24/7 day tracking and were GPS signal is lost, for example, bike hidden in container, it can be tracked down using RF bacon signal, and this is why I gave first hand to this company. Any feedback would be much appriciated. Maybe different companies, devices etc. Also daily it will be locked with Oxford chain and Paddlock, and oxford disc locks. Thanks

Hi All, Im looking for the first bike!! As the bike wont be cheap and my first insurace to make a claim will be 1k in exess fee, was thinking about fitting tracker to the bike. I came across Bike Trac company. It costs 370£ device + instalation. There ia also around 100£ yearly service fee. It gives 24/7 day tracking and were GPS signal is lost, for example, bike hidden in container, it can be tracked down using RF bacon signal, and this is why I gave first hand to this company. Any feedback would be much appriciated. Maybe different companies, devices etc. Also daily it will be locked with Oxford chain and Paddlock, and oxford disc locks. Thanks

One year free subscription ...£20 a year after that

GiffGaff sim cost me £5 a month

easy to install

Excellent after sales from company

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303-NO-CONTRACT-CAR-VEHICLE-MOTORBIKE-GPS-TRACKER-MOTORCYCLE-TRACKING-DEVICE-BB/231127835883

My mate had this fitted, it seems pretty good, some sort of insurance with it as well if they can't find your bike, not sure of the ins and outs but my mate reckons its pretty good, he also gets an insurance discount http://www.tracker.co.uk/for-your-vehicle/motorcycle-tracking/

Thanks All, well you get what you pay for. Ill go with Rewiresecurity option. Its down to the finances, as bike, bike shed, all locks, security just adds up quite nice bill. Lets see how it will go. Will post some updates once installed.

You didn’t think that motorcycling was going to be a cheap option did you?

Budget is there, but its not unlimited unfortunately:) Cant wait till its sorted out and the joy can begin!!!

While a tracker will help you get the bike back theres no saying what state the bike will be in if you do get it back! So it could easily be written off anyway!

One this that stands out to me is the physical security you have! Oxford aren't the best and would make the bike a target too if the chain is easy to crop off then they are more likely to target your bike.

Take a look at our forum sponsor for a better chain https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=63502 it's ok having a tracker but you want to stop them actually trying in the first place

Might be a good idea you ask your local Police if they have the facility to find your bike if it gets stolen with the tracker you are thinking of fitting. Cant remember now but this subject was raised at the Bikesafe course I was on. The two local Police bikers gave a reply that they wernt aware of this tracker tracing. My method of keeping my bikes from being stolen are 1. Lock your bike to a ground anchor to the concrete floor of your garage and make sure you do this every night. 2. Disc lock and an expensive chain lock every time you leave it in public make sure they are Thatcham approved. 3. Micro dot your own bike with a simple paint on ID kit. Let your insurance company know how you will be securing your bike and make sure you do use the locks. Remember most bike thefts are oppertunist dont let them put you off biking.

Let your insurance company know how you will be securing your bike and make sure you do use the locks. Remember most bike thefts are oppertunist dont let them put you off biking.

This last bit I don't recommend unless you get huge discounts

if the price of the policy is pretty much the same without the security then don't add it as you will find that there may well be a clause in the insurance that if the bike is parked up anywhere then all security must be used and if not then they won't pay out!

And as you say its opportunist thieves you need to watch so when you take your bike out the garage and pop back in side for something you have forgotten and come out to no bike this is when that little small print in the insurance royally screws you over

I am off to Derbtshire Police HQ tomorrow on a Neighbourhood Watch issue. I will enquire about this tracker business with the crime prevention officer if he is there.

Thank All for replies.

Like some of you said it makes sense to check with police if they know about this technology.

Also if bike gets stolen and I get it back, at least i wont be paying 1000 pounds in excess fee to make claim, as this will be my first year.

Bike will be secured with shed, screamer locks, movement sensors, ground anchor in concrete and expensive chain, disc locks.. I think it will be good deterrent for amateur thieves.!!

As for tracker I will go with Rewire Security!!

Lets see how it goes, and the White Bandit is coming home next Saturday!!! Can't wait:)) :cheers:

Rf bacon signal ...

Why can i just see police cars driving around locating stolen vehicles with this going on in the back of car

qtw9q.jpg

....beat me to it - does it do sausages as well? (sorry Arturs, I guess English isn't your first language - it's "beacon")

Rf bacon signal ...

Why can i just see police cars driving around locating stolen vehicles with this going on in the back of car

qtw9q.jpg

....beat me to it - does it do sausages as well? (sorry Arturs, I guess English isn't your first language - it's "beacon")

Yes it is beacon!! Good fun:)