Nob of the Day.......

Tango

me. Pootling along a lane, Land Rover up ahead at a side turning. I flashed him to let him out, he stayed put, kept flashing him but nothing, I start muttering swear words under my breath. Then I realised I wasn't flashing him but pressing the button to open the storage compartment on the tank. Pressed the correct button and off he went.

Friday me I dropped my bike...

Not certain how, I pushed it on the garage, started it picked me lid up and put me leg over and down she went. Must of kicked my side stand some how?

Luckily minimal damage, scuffs and a cable tie on a hand guard...

The guy in a fiesta sliding uncontrolled all the way down a slight hill when every other car was doing fine, the reason for his inability to go straight, he had left the handbrake on, wife made me turn round and go tell him, the stupid f**k wouldn't stop untitll he put it in a pile of snow at which point I took great delight at pointing out his error.

Edited by Bender

• 3 weeks later...

The BMW (What else) that pulled out on me and another car, and the stupid woman looked at us like we'd done something wrong :|. She tried to dart across 2 lanes (and cut the corner) but then had to slam on in our path when she realised a bus was in her way :roll:. I've even done a handy little pic below.

81oMDzb.png

The BMW (What else) that pulled out on me and another car, and the stupid woman looked at us like we'd done something wrong :|. She tried to dart across 2 lanes (and cut the corner) but then had to slam on in our path when she realised a bus was in her way :roll:. I've even done a handy little pic below.

81oMDzb.png

Todays ridiculous slow speed limits make people impatient.

1. The BMW (what else) - black as well - that ignored a no left turn sign, and two no entry signs, to turn left into a one way street (going the wrong way of course) thereby also running straight through a pedestrian crossing that was green for pedestrians with people crossing.

2. Said BMW (what else) - still black - that then realised what they'd done and slammed it into reverse going back across the pedestrian crossing, still green for pedestrians, still with people crossing, backing out into the traffic flow causing mayhem.

3. Said BMW (what else) - still black - then didn't realise the lights had changed so then went the other way through another pedestrian crossing which was now green for pedestrians coming the other way, and trough red traffic lights as well.

Sorry - I failed art at school so no picture. :(

Me.

For not respecting new road surfaces and a greasy morning, had a bit of a fish tail coming off a roundabout when putting the power on. Was fine and when it hit the power-band the back end just slid about :shock:. I take the same roundabout every day and always do the same coming off it as it goes under a bridge, but this was my first time on the new surface :lol:. Won't be doing it again.

Good way to wake yourself up.

@Westbeef as you and I are in the same area which roundabout is it? Just so i can be careful.

It's the new roundabout alongside the Redrock in Stockport, it was where you come off and go under the A6 :thumb:. It's all been resurfaced, which it did need but it's a bit slippy now :lol: .

@Westbeef as you and I are in the same area which roundabout is it? Just so i can be careful.

It's the new roundabout alongside the Redrock in Stockport, it was where you come off and go under the A6 :thumb:. It's all been resurfaced, which it did need but it's a bit slippy now :lol: .

OK thanks. I use that one occasionally as well. Good info. :cheers:

He should get nob of the year, let alone day.

Yeh your not wrong, for what comes out his mouth and his boxing skills.. Heavyweight division is crap now.

Deontay Wilder... Joseph Parker... Anthony Joshua.

The Joshua v Whyte fight the other night wasn't exactly boring. Tyson Fury is just a nob.

Called tonight over two years ago :lol:

Anybody going to be watching the Joshua v Parker fight then? Who do we think is going to win?

• 2 weeks later...

Nob of (Easter Sun)day: this guy.

IMG-20180401-WA0006.thumb.jpg.faf52fb1e92120bd5fd4bac6471dcb43.jpg

Out in the Lincolnshire Wolds, on a damp afternoon with greasy roads, and I see him on the wrong side of the road, overtaking some other bikers around a left hand bend, before losing control and falling right in front of me. The bike went down hard, and skidded past me (thankfully back on the other side of the road), coming to a rest on the far side of a hedge. The rider stopped sooner, and got up with seemingly nothing other than a few cuts and scrapes.

First and foremost, we all stopped to make sure the guy was alright. I went a bit further up the road to turn around and park up with my hazards on, and we helped clear the road of debris and made sure he got hold of his mates again. The fairing was smashed, a crash bung had basically exploded, and various levers were bent and broken. However, he was walking, talking, and seemingly fine.

However, his mates had gone past moments before, likewise riding like idiots and overtaking around the outside of another corner, and he was clearly trying to catch up. Turns out he'd borrowed the bike from one of the others, so probably wasn't even that used to it. Regardless, he was going way too fast for the conditions, and it was wholly avoidable.

In retrospect, I was pleased with my calm reaction at the time, but seeing that happen close enough in front that I had to slam the anchors on rather took the wind out of my sails, and if the bike had skidded straight instead of back onto his side of the road there'd have been no avoiding it taking me out too.

Edited by Lateralus