chain problem

Mgrhiki

guys i need help i tighten chain on my bike yeaterday it was too tight so next day i loosen the chain but after few minutes ride it become so tight automatically n also i can hear craking noise like chain or something hitting on swing arm or metal.dont no wt to do.thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Did you do all the nuts up to the correct torque?
hi i am a noob.i dont have a torque wrench i just use normal wrench that i bought it from argos.i dont no if its in correct torque do you think thats the problem?n also where can i buy torque wrench thanks

Halfords do a good range of torque wrenches. The correct torque should be in the handbook for the bike.
hi i will buy from halford tomorrow and give it a try.i hope it will fix.thanks

Have you checked the chains tightest point? It wears unevenly so you have to find the tightest point.
hi i havent check i will check tomorrow but i hav notice something this morning.when i move my bike backward n check the chain there's a little free play n when i move forward n check its too tight like its gona break.

That’ll be the tight spot I described :wink:, set the correct tension at the tightest spot and invest in a new chain and sprockets asap. If they’re out as much as you’re describing they’re more than likely ready to be replaced.

That’ll be the tight spot I described :wink:, set the correct tension at the tightest spot and invest in a new chain and sprockets asap. If they’re out as much as you’re describing they’re more than likely ready to be replaced.
are DID chain good?i was thinking to buy for my yamaha xj6n.

DID are good, 3000 Miles seems a bit low though. What bike is this on?
its a 2013 yamaha xj6n[emoji41]

i bought it second hand dont no how many miles he have done but it has plenty life left .it still has 3 line left where u adjust the chain.

i bought it second hand dont no how many miles he have done but it has plenty life left .it still has 3 line left where u adjust the chain.

I thought it had done 3000 Miles :scratch:, those lines are for alignment and not always the best indicator of wear.

I thought it had done 3000 Miles :scratch:, those lines are for alignment and not always the best indicator of wear.

sorry i am a noob dont no that much about motorbike .i thinks its better to replace with new one DID chain hopefully it will fix the problem.thanks guys for the help

Sounds like knackered chain and sprockets to me. Check this by grabbing back of chain on rear sprocket at 3 O'clock position. Pull chain straight back. If it lifts more than 3mm, it probably needs replacing. Check again when chain is slack. Also spin rear wheel backwards. Listen and watch chain. Report back.

Sounds like knackered chain and sprockets to me. Check this by grabbing back of chain on rear sprocket at 3 O'clock position. Pull chain straight back. If it lifts more than 3mm, it probably needs replacing. Check again when chain is slack. Also spin rear wheel backwards. Listen and watch chain. Report back.
ok

ok

Never used a torque wrench on rear axle nut....just a 12" spanner, adjusted to its "effin' tight" setting......just be sure the axle is level in the adjusters. I normally use a calliper gauge rather than rely on the marks cast into the chain adjusters, FWIW....

Have you tried the pull off test that I suggested?
i am at work now will try this afternoon thanks

guys i am planning to buy new chain will someone willing to install for me if possible i can pay u.n also is it easy to fit.thanks

Have you tried the pull off test that I suggested?
i am at work now will try this afternoon thanks

guys i am planning to buy new chain will someone willing to install for me if possible i can pay u.n also is it easy to fit.thanks

Check google must be a mechanic local to you who will fit it if your willing to pay someone