breakfast surprise

fastbob

] I popped open a can of beans this morning for my breakfast . Before pouring them into the pan I like to slurp the excess sauce ( I live on my own so my standards are wonderfully low ) This morning, however , I felt something among the beans brush my lips that should not have been there. Recoiling in horror I looked down and this is the sight that greeted me ( see picture ) I've been feeling nauseous all day at the thought of it . Any suggestions as to what to do about this traumatic event would be most welcome. By the way, did I mention elsewhere that I am currently raising funds for a new bike ?

WP_20180330_18_10_07_Pro_LI.thumb.jpg.73687dfb8b2ff6b706680a14f8e579ff.jpg

What is that? Looks gross....plastic? looks like rat placenta :puke:

Freeze it and complain to the manufacturer ,

They will send someone out to inspect it

DO NOT let them take it away for "tests" ......if you do they will fob you off

Years ago I had a simple case of compacted grain in some porridge.......which looked like a rodent bone (but wasnt)

I refused to let them take it away from my house

Off the record the investigator agreed I shouldnt have let him take it away because His job is to white wash the incident.......anyway he cut a cheque on an agreed amount there and then .£500 and this was 25 years ago

Natures fidget spinner. Sue them for all they are worth. Emotional distress. You'll never be the same.

The can was sealed and the contents didn't smell off , the thing is definitely organic . I will take the matter further but I'm still looking at where to start .

Just be careful it doesn't attack you. Could be some form of facehugger. Before you know it a can of beans with legs will be bursting from your stomach, animated by HR Geiger.

Thanks for the replies, I'm definitely going to pursue this matter but I haven't worked out who to contact first. No names for legal reasons but the manufacturer is possibly the one most synonymous with the production of baked beanz . I see some of the leading No win,No fee companies do " Foreign object in food " I'll have to do some investigating as to how to achieve the most satisfactory outcome.

Wow, a free extra bonus

Yum yum, fry it with a little garlic, chilli and a squeeze of lemon and it would pass for any of the pretentious bollox pedalled by the latest bunch of life style gurus

Mickly

No win no fee will take 50% at least

Do it yourself and if you dont get any joy then use them...but tell them you will use them if you are not satisfied with their result

That way they will be aware you will use them and then have to pay out more when they lose...which they will

Complaints details will be on the tin

I didnt have the Net 25 year ago ...it was easy

First point of contact will be the manufacturer / brand name

If you just bypass them it will be seen as just trying to get money for the sake of .

Use the address on the container

Raise a complaint that product has fallen below your expectations

Detail your findings .

As said freeze the product

With documented photos

Dont start demanding compensation etc

Give them a chance to reply and follow their process .if its unsatisfactory THEN consider taking ut further .

Because remember in this day and age any complaint raised most manufacturers have a team that do a bit of research on your internet profile and see if your just trying to scam .

Imagine if you got enough compo to fund your new bike ..... perhaps if you found something else in the beans :thumb:

nudge nudge wink wink ...

The thought never crossed my mind 😉

OK , I phoned up and they invited me to reply to an email and include a picture which I did . In response I received a written apology and an explanation that stated that the product left the factory in good condition but that due to mishandling air had seeped into the can causing the mould to grow . In addition I received a voucher for the sum of £2.00 . Does anybody honestly think this matter is worth taking any further or should I just forget about it ?