new speedometer on cg

savo318

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-Odometer-Speedometer-LCD-Digital-Gauge-For-Honda-CG125-Cafe-Racer/302512435723?hash=item466f25720b:g:V4cAAOSw8axZ~E8p

I got my bike back, from the thieving gits , but unfortunatley they have done a lot of damage.

Theyve cut all the wires going in to the speedometer unit, then smashed the unit off. i was wndering if it would be possible to fit the above speedometer on, and if it would work, the socket looks the same, so im hoping it willl just click on and work.

They also put a hole in the fuel tank, bent the foot rest up against the engine, smashid all the body panels off, and destroey all the indicators.

It was also stuck in second when i got it back, so i presuming the clutch is shagged.

thanks for your help.

Sorry to hear you got it back in a state

The bast*rds have no respect at all !

As for the speedo ...I cant see any reason it wont work and a quick search reveals people use it on CG 125 Cafe racers :thumb:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-Odometer-Speedometer-LCD-Digital-Gauge-For-Honda-CG125-Cafe-Racer/302512435723?hash=item466f25720b:g:V4cAAOSw8axZ~E8p

I got my bike back, from the thieving gits , but unfortunatley they have done a lot of damage.

Theyve cut all the wires going in to the speedometer unit, then smashed the unit off. i was wndering if it would be possible to fit the above speedometer on, and if it would work, the socket looks the same, so im hoping it willl just click on and work.

They also put a hole in the fuel tank, bent the foot rest up against the engine, smashid all the body panels off, and destroey all the indicators.

It was also stuck in second when i got it back, so i presuming the clutch is shagged.

thanks for your help.

What model cg is it ? How come you're trying to fix it ? Surely your insurance company will declare it a write off especially if its been left running while laying on its side .

Its a 2004 brazil model, with the disc brake. Insurance wont pay out, because the bike was only worth 500 and that was the excess, damage to the bike works out to about £450.

And there are 3 reasons i want to fix it.

Firstly, because its mine, and i hate seeing things not working, besides ,as i know very little about bikes, and the cg's are supposed to be the easiest in the world to work on, i get to learn as i repair.

Secondly because it's my first bike and im a little attached to it, i got it as a non starter, and got it working, i shall do so again.

Thirdly, because i wont let the little shits win.

Its a 2004 brazil model, with the disc brake. Insurance wont pay out, because the bike was only worth 500 and that was the excess, damage to the bike works out to about £450.

Firstly, because its mine, and i hate seeing things not working, besides ,as i know very little about bikes, and the cg's are supposed to be the easiest in the world to work on, i get to learn as i repair.

Secondly because it's my first bike and im a little attached to it, i got it as a non starter, and got it working, i shall do so again.

Good reasons. Really hope you get it going again and soon. Sad state of affairs that it got nicked and wrecked by the little turds.

I totally get every word , you have my greatest admiration . I have rebuilt 8 CG125s so if you need any technical advice please feel free to PM me . Unfortunately I don't have any of the parts you need but I'm sure you will get everything off eBay. Good luck.

I would recommend tackling the "stuck in 2nd gear first" - this could be anything from sinple 5 min fix to severly damaged gearbox.

Sort this bit out, then you can decide if the rest is worth fixing.

It might be owrth consideringbuyinga complete but non-runner/mot fail with the amluntof parts you need. :thumb:

Good luck, hope you sort it, sounds like it means a lot to you.