Downloading and saving camera Data on the move

Hi everyone, has anyone got a better way of saving video capture from there on board camera's without carrying a laptop or pads, Planning this Norway trip space on the bike space is at a premium. I am after a hard drive of sorts to save the events of the day and not let the video clips be over written. Appreciate any help

What does the camera save it onto, Chris?.......If it's SD or microSD why not just stock up on a few of those?

MSD mate, was hoping to find a remote hard drive to save it all on rather than a bunch of cards on board, having watch many a clip on Youtube looks like the camera gong to be busy. As for uploading to cloud, l don't want to bank on a internet connection and also there's going to be a rake of data to be used up.

Theres only one solution and that is to carry a load of cards!

They will take less space than a hard drive but you would still also need some way of transferring the data to the hard drive

So it sounds like either you want massive recording capacity on board the bike - so a DVR camera set up that records to hard drives located on the bike. Expensive if you don't want to make your own system up.

Or you want one of these to off load your SD cards to at the end of each days riding -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/WD-Passport-Wireless-External-Portable/dp/B0792TMP88/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1522684049&sr=8-3&keywords=Western+Digital+My+Passport+sd+card

Theres only one solution and that is to carry a load of cards!

They will take less space than a hard drive but you would still also need some way of transferring the data to the hard drive

Just found this Stu, what do you recon?

">

Spare memory cards are generally better if you do not need so many it becomes prohibitively expensive. Much lower risks of losing all your data than by having everything on one device. And a lot less hassle just to leave all the work until you get home than having to keep downloading, formatting, and charging the device when you want to be enjoying yourself.

Anyway, unless you specifically want the SSD version of that WD drive, this one stores much more for a lot less.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/WD-TB-Passport-Wireless-Pro/dp/B01EAOJBHY/

Anyway, unless you specifically want the SSD version of that WD drive, this one stores much more for a lot less.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/WD-TB-Passport-Wireless-Pro/dp/B01EAOJBHY/

I'd highly recommend getting an SSD if you will be carrying it on a bike for long periods of time.

Jolting movements from pot holes/ramps etc as well as cornering forces on a bike can eaaily damage the platters on a normal HDD.

Personally, I'd simply take a stack of SD cards.

SD card reader for your phone and a wi-fi connection, upload to the cloud.

Don't want all your eggs in one basket (all your footage on one hard drive)

Anything like that I would carry in the middle of a clothing bag to dampen any vibration, which I trust to be enough for a device expressly marketed as being for use when doing activities in the field.

But I would only buy something like that if I really needed a lot of storage, so that multiple memory cards would be too expensive. I would never consider an SSD over either of those options.

I would just take a few extra SD cards and be fussy about what I filmed bearing in mind it would only be me and mine that were the slightest bit interested in watching anything longer than a 2 minute clip.