How often do you change your oil?

min200

Holy thread resurrection!!

Stick to what the manual states for oil grade

the manual says 10w-40 so i went for 10w-40 castrol power 1 racing syntethic

Saturday i will be busy! :D

Im a bit over the top with mine.

The YBR gets an oil change every 500 miles. I do 250 miles per week so it gets done every other week. I don't use expensive oil, Just Asdas 10w40 semi synthetic. I get the 5l bottle and I get 5 oil changes out of each bottle. Works out at £3.30 an oil change.

That is very over the top :lol:

I'd change every 1500 miles in your case as you'd still be on the ball at that.

At the moment I take the interval in the manual and take off 10-20% so I'm always ahead of the service schedule. I normally use the 5 litre 5W40 fully synth or 10W40 part synth from Halfords. With the trade card it's £24 for 5 litres.

That is very over the top :lol:

I'd change every 1500 miles in your case as you'd still be on the ball at that.

At the moment I take the interval in the manual and take off 10-20% so I'm always ahead of the service schedule. I normally use the 5 litre 5W40 fully synth or 10W40 part synth from Halfords. With the trade card it's £24 for 5 litres.

I've always done it like this with every bike I've had. Mainly because its what granddad used to do with his bonnie and its what he taught me to do :lol:

"remember, oil is cheap. Engines aren't, Especially when its an idiot riding the thing" :lol:

I know its way over the top but at least the engine is looked after :lol:

Mine is due but after this https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=65266 I'm a little reluctant

That's an issue with the smaller Suzuki engine, you just need to identify the right bolt which is easy if you refer to the manual. If you get it wrong just put everything back the right way round. No harm done.

Mine is due but after this https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=65266 I'm a little reluctant

That's an issue with the smaller Suzuki engine, you just need to identify the right bolt which is easy if you refer to the manual. If you get it wrong just put everything back the right way round. No harm done.

That's an helicoil that's come out ;-)

Indeed, i could helicoil a new M14 thread or just replace the sump but the exhaust pipes run right underneath the the sump so i cant't take the sump off. If i helicoil with teh sump in place it will be awkward to reach.

My bad. On my phone and I thought it was the thread about the idle detent that was on here recently.