what was/is your first bike ?

red hedgehog

Sinnis Stealth 125

http://www.sinnismotorcycles.com/images/gallerypics/large/stealth%20125%207.jpg

For a Chinese bike, it's actually really good, I bought it second hand with about 8500 miles on the clock, only things that have gone wrong on it are:

The Chain, Front light, The throttle

The chain was down to age/me not being SUPER pedantic with my chain cleaning.

The front light was down to age as well. (bought a new bulb and voila it's fine)

And the throttle was down to me pulling back too hard on the throttle and snapping the cable like a twat because it wasn't going fast enough to keep up with the group I was riding with.

Other than that, no problems with the bike what so ever. For all the awful things I hear about Chinese bikes I think I've gotten the cream of the crop.

• 4 weeks later...

My first three bikes were as follows

1. 1976 Malaguti Monte 50cc same as the one in the pic below

7EC42C71-2080-4303-949F-34FDE0A2179D.thumb.jpeg.977b5f9c5608895c0557f5a63b7ae33b.jpeg

2. Suzuki Gsx 250 a year or two later I wanted an x7 but with everyone allegedly wiping themselves out I wasn’t allowed :D

7FF04AD4-2DFD-4E45-911D-3766FEEDBB19.thumb.jpeg.d4cc43f4a7cbd9f0f7f05e5280f9fe13.jpeg

3. Think it was in 1981 or 82 I got a Suzuki gsx400f which I regretted as my mate had an rd400 which was a much better bike. Unfortunately I had to keep paying for it on finance and couldn’t change it

A59E6FCD-C9D9-4B1E-BF51-AEA521369DF8.thumb.jpeg.d4faeedf72c88416266a246d219558dd.jpeg

I used to ride to school on a Honda C90 at 15 year old illegally...like this one

http://images.mcn.bauercdn.com/PageFiles/547989/0-1.jpg

Then when I hit 16 I got my first and only ever new bike a Suzuki TS50ER like this one

http://www.vintagebike.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/gallery/suzuki/1982-suzuki-ts50er-1-865x570.jpg

I Must Have Looked ridiculous on them @ 6 foot

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

RD125 no photos of it so you'll have to look on Google images :lol: first fast bike was my ZXR400, got a picture of that somewhere but it's an old paper one :scratch:

Original Yamaha FS1E unrestricted circa 1974

FS1E was my first bike as well! By far hte most popular in thise days, there were some Honda SS50 & Suzuki AP50 and a few Italina sports mopeds.

FS1E was technically a moped, my first real bike was 1978 Yamaha RD125.

My first legal bike in 2009 was a Moto-Roma GP 125 in metallic blue but I didn't look after it at all and after riding it for11 months went for a ride got halfwayto my mothers which was 16 miles from me and all I heard was bang clatter as the end can sheared clean off the exhaust pipe oops :oops:

Honda C50 field bike brought for £5, 20 No6 and a snow sledge - reckon I got ripped off - only lasted 1 summer before I snapped it in half down the woods.

Mickly

• 4 months later...

A very humble Honda CBF125. They may look a bit basic to some, but for me it's what I've cut my teeth on for four months whilst doing my full licence. Did a charity ride out on it for the local air ambulance, who once came to a medical emergency involving my daughter so it meant a lot to me. A small 125 amongst lots of vintage bikes and Harleys but I put some ribbons in the colours of the air ambulance on it to add a special touch and rode it with pride.

Now passed my full test and picked up my big bike today, I've done over a thousand happy miles on it since I picked it up in April, some with my wife on her Yamaha who did her CBT at the same time. The picture is our bikes together at a cafe stop on a day we managed to have someone else to have the kids.

In a weird way I'll be sorry to see her go.

Bikes.thumb.png.eb66438b0e606d99f3c87501591600ee.png

A glorious year 2000 Suzuki GS125 ESX:

xPt8Ymq.jpg

Shod with Heidenau K65s it was incredibly confidence inspiring and I learnt how to cane it everywhere. I'd still be using it now but I listened to other people who said once I'd tried a big bike I'd never look back.. It did 100MPG, was totally reliable and would cover my commute no problem. I was a fool!

I sold it to a scrote, who sold it to a scrote, and I actually saw it on ebay a few years ago chucked in a shed with no tax or MOT because it had been low sided on a junction. Ah man :cry: