Getting out during the week

Guest Speedy23

Hi [mention]Igloo[/mention] sorry to hear about your aunties accident, and glad she is ok.

Keep watching the thread for the next run out. 8-)

Mr. JRH turned out to be a thoroughly good egg - and I found out why he is known as the "Hoggfather"..... (yes, I know, not a great mental leap required, but I'm getting to that age......anyway, Hoggs, I promise I will try to be a nicer person in future....)

Yeah he's alright isn't he :wink:

hahaha you don't have to be nicer..... maybe just quieter on occasion... :lol: :lol:

Hi Guys,

I know I didn't turn up today, Today has been pretty shitty even by recent standards! My aunt had a car accident (at 87!) and that's caused a great amount of grief :roll: She's OK though, Just car damage. Sorry I couldn't make it! :oops:

Glad to hear your Auntie's OK - not to worry about today - always another day to ride! Main thing is she is alright. :thumb:

There again......true story.......a few years ago, when my Auntie & Uncle were still alive (84 & 87 respectively) I went round to visit them to see how they were.....when I arrived, they were both in a state of visible distress. Concerned, I asked them what had happened to upset them. It turned out that they had been involved in a "road rage" incident when they had gone out to do the weekly shop in a busy suburb of Birmingham......some idiot in a car had been driving tight up behind them, swerving about, flashing his headlights and sounding his horn aggressively. On the approach to a roundabout, he had swerved in front of their car and accelerated away, causing my Uncle to have to brake suddenly. I said "it's very lucky you didn't have an accident". My Uncle replied "yes, we would have if we'd been going any faster than 15 mph".............. :shock:

Can only do Friday, unfortunately.

I might be able to juggle the meeting ;-)

Can't do the 20th, funeral to go to. :(

Hi all.....is Friday 27th any good for anyone? I'm thinking meet up in same place SoA about 1100......any takers?

Mr. Igloo, how's your auntie getting on?

All the best S23.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.....is Friday 27th any good for anyone? I'm thinking meet up in same place SoA about 1100......any takers?

What are your thoughts for Friday, weather does not sound too promising.

I will have a look at the forecast but if it's gonna be wet then think will scrub.

I will have a look at the forecast but if it's gonna be wet then think will scrub.

Just seen the local forecast for Friday. not good, rain most of the day so I think we should give it a miss.

Just seen the local forecast for Friday. not good, rain most of the day so I think we should give it a miss.

*cough*wuss*cough* :lol:

:up:

*cough*wuss*cough* :lol:

....yes, Hoggs, but DRY wusses.......weather as predicted, speedos time......( :shock: ).

OK Wussmeister here again, speedos now dry.........how's it looking for next Friday? Weather s'posd to be picking up again, need to give me new Goldtop jacket an airing......any takers? Meet up/start point subject to attenders......probly SoA again?

Same place as last time.

You suggested 11:00 for the last cancelled run, shall we stick with that?

Well the three of us [mention]Speedy23[/mention] and [mention]Igloo[/mention] met up at the appointed hour and set off from Stratford upon Avon to the Super Sausage via Banbury and Towcester.

Food was taken on at the Sausage.

Then we set off back to the racecourse so I could get the last Central England Tag.

Then a gentle wander back to Daventry Southam and a short stop at Ufton to say our good byes.

All in all a good day out.

Thanks to [mention]Speedy23[/mention] for suggesting and leading the ride to Super Sausage.

And was good to meet you [mention]Igloo[/mention] and put a face to a forum name.

Look forward to the next one.

image.thumb.jpeg.4d1f7237875ce645041065890239733a.jpeg

Speedy23 and Igloo at the racecourse stop

.....yes, a very enjoyable outing with some top-notch grub to boot. The title "Super Sausage" is not an idle boast. I especially liked the proper "transport caff" style tea. Not too sure about the S&M dungeon style chain curtain as you go in, though :shock: ....And there were some interesting pot-holes as well (we're looking at you, Northamptonshire County Council....). A good ride in good company. Looking forward to the next one.....