early season meet hogs cafe londonish ride out

Thought I'd post up here as a couple of people have expressed an interest in riding to the early season meet together which sounds nice. I'll be going up from sunny Walthamstow and was likely avoiding things like the M11 and wotnot. I found a route on 'route you' that looks a bit like the pic below but am open to suggestions as I have no idea if its a good route or not. This route is a shade over 100 miles but seems to go through quite a few villages so might take a while. I've no idea honestly. It also seems to be 125 friendly which might be good for some peeps.

maproute.thumb.JPG.a4bf9042bc83eea7a847acdd88e74138.JPG

If anyone would like to join me that would be nice. I'll be on a bike new to me with pillion and possibly with new tyres if I can sort my self out on Saturday so will likely be setting an even steadier pace than normal (read as granddad speed). I know nothing of last man sits at the corner waiting around systems or anything like that, and I have no expectations of people maintaining my pace, I like to ride my ride and like other people to ride theirs. If someone out there wants to tag along though and laugh at my riding ability that is all good, if part way through you decide you want to blat it and leave me standing, give me a friendly wave and I'll meet you again later on. Who knows I may never make it to the café if I get sidetracked by a nice looking cake or hot sausage roll.

[mention]Rodders[/mention]

I'm guessing about 2- 2.5 hours to Oundle depending (so google tells me). If you are round that way I'm happy to divert a bit and meet up and then carry on from there to the café. Got your number so can flick you a text when we are leaving London or something.

@Rodders

I'm guessing about 2- 2.5 hours to Oundle depending (so google tells me). If you are round that way I'm happy to divert a bit and meet up and then carry on from there to the café. Got your number so can flick you a text when we are leaving London or something.

I can get to Oundle fairly easy, so I'd probably just meet you slightly (5-10 minutes) South of there rather than have you detour into the slums of Peterborough. :mrgreen:

If I follow your map correctly you will cross the A14 into Old Weston, then turn left to Clopton, and Wigsthorpe before Oundle. If, instead, you continued through Old Weston and onto Winwick and Great Gidding, then turn left to Hemington and Polebrook that would link up nicely with my normal route.

@Rodders

I can get to Oundle fairly easy, so I'd probably just meet you slightly (5-10 minutes) South of there rather than have you detour into the slums of Peterborough. :mrgreen:

If I follow your map correctly you will cross the A14 into Old Weston, then turn left to Clopton, and Wigsthorpe before Oundle. If, instead, you continued through Old Weston and onto Winwick and Great Gidding, then turn left to Hemington and Polebrook that would link up nicely with my normal route.

Sounds good. I'll look it up on the old google

[mention]Rodders[/mention]

That mini diversion all looks good. You got a meet up place round that way, bearing in mind you might be waiting around a little bit if I get lost or something?

[mention]Hoggs[/mention] you amputated that foot yet?

[mention]Six30[/mention] you mentioned you might be going along from somewhere round this way, happy to meet somewhere if you like.

@Rodders

That mini diversion all looks good. You got a meet up place round that way, bearing in mind you might be waiting around a little bit if I get lost or something?

@Hoggs you amputated that foot yet?

@Six30 you mentioned you might be going along from somewhere round this way, happy to meet somewhere if you like.

I did , might be going out Brands to watch BSB now , if I attend I'll go straight to meet.

[mention]goat[/mention] and [mention]Rodders[/mention] have you got a rendezvous point and time arranged yet? We could meet you there too as we'll be heading that way......so long as you don't mind a couple of "steady" riders heading up with you?.... 8-)

@goat and @Rodders have you got a rendezvous point and time arranged yet? We could meet you there too as we'll be heading that way......so long as you don't mind a couple of "steady" riders heading up with you?.... 8-)

Just waiting on rodders. I don't really know the area. Company is welcome though.

@goat and @Rodders have you got a rendezvous point and time arranged yet? We could meet you there too as we'll be heading that way......so long as you don't mind a couple of "steady" riders heading up with you?.... 8-)

What's a good sort of time. We're thinking of leaving around 9ish so as long as that takes to get to that sort of area, I thought 2-2 1/2 hours?? As you can tell I'm king at organising 🙄

It looks like you're going through Kimbolton. ....so we could meet you somewhere in the high street near the school entrance at around 11:00? Dunno how this tie in with [mention]Rodders[/mention] ?

Off down the pub in a mo, so I'll be offline for a bit but I'll check the thread when I get back..... 8-)

[mention]Tango[/mention]

[mention]goat[/mention]

If Kimbolton is 11:00 ish, how about I meet you at Three Kings Arms in Polebrook for about 11:30?

The pub is closed so I can loiter outside just by the main road through towards Oundle.

It looks like you're going through Kimbolton. ....so we could meet you somewhere in the high street near the school entrance at around 11:00? Dunno how this tie in with @Rodders ?

Off down the pub in a mo, so I'll be offline for a bit but I'll check the thread when I get back..... 8-)

A plan has formed ready to be birthed, tango spread your legs 😵. I'll text ye my number. We'll aim for a 9am head off time, allow some flexibility for stuff to happen to us on route. If your waiting around for us and it's looking ridiculous move on and meet rodders and we'll see you near the tulips.

• 2 weeks later...

.....well go on then, what happened? Did you meet up, did it go as planned? We need to know more....... :popcorn:

I didn't make it, rough night not sleeping. Others were better than I however

I met [mention]Tango[/mention] and [mention]Bonniebird[/mention] en route near Oundle and led us on a winding route through the Welland Viaduct and up to the garden centre. There we met [mention]JRH[/mention], [mention]Chrissb6[/mention] and [mention]Liveware Problem[/mention]

Nice cake, pleasant chats, then we all blasted off in our own directions.