Bike meet in Norfolk

Guest macapaca

Don't think so. I'm from Bury St Edmunds and usually head west towards Huntingdon to meet the guys. We have, however, just recently talked about heading out this way for a change. But I don't think there is anything starting out towards Norwish way. You'd have to head west Like I do.

**edit** I just noticed that you said 'meet' rather than 'rideout'. I still suspect the same is true. They guys seem to meet for a chat at the Hartford Marina in St Ives.

Isn't there a bike meet in Yarmouth one evening a week? not sure myself. Unfortunately I wasn't able to ride a bike when I lived in Norwich so I wouldn't know. In fact, I wasn't even able to wipe my own bum, I left when I was 6 months old!

Bit of bum fun 'meet' Aaron? :mrgreen: :3some:

you sir, have confused me.

New to this forum, done some searches but found nothing recent. Are there any meets in and around the Norwich area on a weekly or monthly basis.

I live in Norwich, but as work shifts, and 99% of weekends, dont often get on many rideouts. But do know alot of people ride out to and from Maccy Ds at Beccles. infact on a weekend its absolutely packed! Not sure of any biker pubs in Norwich area, but are some further out, will have to try dig their names out again. The pub on riverside road, next to car garage, wilco I think, used to have a biker meet there but they have left or even pub is shut now.

Thanks guys, I began to think it was me not being able to find via a search, but looks as though there is nothing to find.

I will do a tour of the motorcycle outlets and have a word, see if they know, I'll post if I find something. :crybaby:

Norfolk is fairly good for riding, is crying out for a good biker friendly pub. If I win the lottery ill open one up in Norwich!

NearOn, you have just said exactly the same as me. In the old days (now I'm showing my age), in the center of Norwich, there was a bike club called the "3 C's", where you could ride your bike into the indoor parking area and just go through the door. It did not sell alcohol, but the hardened drinkers went to the pub next door. It had a screen showing race meetings and a good old flipper machine and for extra entertainment we used to go out and beat up some "Mods", they were the days!. Want we want now is an entrepreneur to start up another, my guess is, it would make a mint.

There is a pub in Norwich that attracts bikers - might not have an actual bike night but theey congregate there.

I can't remember the name ATM and unfortunately the friend who took me there died recently so I can't ask him. I'll try & find out from another mate.

I think you might get some bikes at the Cider Shed, which is somewhere near The Artichoke I think.

You also get bikes up on the North Norfolk coast - at Wells Next The Sea I think it is

Sorry - it's a long time since I lived in Norfolk & a good while since I was biking around there :oops:

There is a pub in Norwich that attracts bikers - might not have an actual bike night but theey congregate there.

I can't remember the name ATM and unfortunately the friend who took me there died recently so I can't ask him. I'll try & find out from another mate.

I think you might get some bikes at the Cider Shed, which is somewhere near The Artichoke I think.

You also get bikes up on the North Norfolk coast - at Wells Next The Sea I think it is

Sorry - it's a long time since I lived in Norfolk & a good while since I was biking around there :oops:

Be good to hear which one it is, ill have a look,

The Cider Shed, now the Brewery Tap I think, is just round corner from me, tho I have only seen a few bikers there, but would make a good meeting spot. I can also recommend Bacton on Norfolk coast, they have a lot head out that way on a sunday I think.

• 4 weeks later...

Norwich is still a 80+ mile return for me in Kings Lynn which is too far for an evening meet, why is there nothing in north west Norfolk except the M.A.G. meets every week at the Sandboy at Bawsey,

the BMW club used to meet in the checkers at Wimbotsham (where the bike show is every year) but they had a row with the landlord and moved to the 5 miles from anywhere pub in Cambridge, The Triumph club meet just outside Norwich, see tomcc web site,

other than that north west Norfolk is some sort of black hole for bikers, oh forgot one, there is a bikers meet in Hunstanton every Sunday morning/afternoon but no club meets that I am aware off.

It needs somebody to start one !!!

Keith

The Boundry Pub in Norwich have meets and shows but it is occational.

I'm looking for the same thing so if u find any it would be gteat to hear about them.

In Norwich itself there is the boundry pub which is on the ring road near the cromer turn off. Think they do the Sunday mornings club from there.

Maccy D's already mentioned is pretty much all weekend through the warmer months/

The swan at Yarmouth is very popular on a friday night.

Hayden village just off the norwich to Holt road again is very popular on a Friday night. You also get a good mix of bikes there aswell. Lots of old Brit stuff aswell as harley's and sports bikes.

The newest one on a Friday night is Scottow Horse shoes on the North Walsham to Norwich road. Only just started this year so not many there at the moment but they do have a free Bar-b-que.

Hunstanton is very popular on a Sunday and a nice rideout from Norwich.

Think thats about it for the local to Norwich ones that I know of

Cheers

Chris

• 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Hi macapaca same here mate, I live in belton nr Great Yarmouth, like living in the arse end of nowhere over here mate, doesn’t matter what I search the net for, you won’t find it over this way mate. Does have one upside though peace and quiet by the trailer load. Lol

Hi macapaca same here mate, I live in belton nr Great Yarmouth, like living in the arse end of nowhere over here mate, doesn’t matter what I search the net for, you won’t find it over this way mate. Does have one upside though peace and quiet by the trailer load. Lol

Bit of a thread resurrection.....

But still, if you’re looking for a good bike meet, try Two Wheel Tuesday, which as the name suggests is every Tuesday at the Ox and Plough pub in Old Buckenhem.

But still, if you’re looking for a good bike meet, try Two Wheel Tuesday, which as the name suggests is every Tuesday at the Ox and Plough pub in Old Buckenhem.

Cheers. I didn't know about this, and it's a nice ride from home. :thumb:

Cheers. I didn't know about this, and it's a nice ride from home. :thumb:

This was last Tuesday, and probably 100+ bikes by my guestimation. Which as the weather was forecast as a bit questionable was a good turnout. At the height of summer the green is packed and 500+ bikes maybe. And a good mix of types of bikes and people. I’m there as often as I can be and should be there tomorrow too.

0_E547096_839_A_49_AD_A0_E7_802_DA9_DA902_A.jpg

Every one in that photo is related .... just out of camera shot is a goat being sacrificed.

They won't sacrifice me, I am their leader. I grew up in Norfolk but since neither of my parents are from there I'm like a god to them.