Summer gear on a budget

Anyone have any good advice for summer gear on a budget?

Im sweating my nuts off atm riding in the same gear I've used all through the winter.

Brands, shops, anything that might help, cheaper the better or even second hand if you have old spares to sell.

Not like its gonna be sunny long, is it?

I am cooler in my leathers than my textiles. They're not really perforated and today is the first hot day I rode in them ever, but I was perfectly temperate even after 50 miles. But I was riding quickly, not idling in traffic.

Just bought a furygan arrow jacket, so far i found it to be great, thought it might have been a bit on the thin side but nope, has removable liner and does not flap all over the place and make you melt, back elbow shoulder armour d30 gel stuff, you didnt say what your budget was :D

The key is base layers and vents. If your current jacket and trousers have vents then go get some good summer wicking base layers. Wear them (and nothing else) under your textiles/leathers and you will feel cooler than wearing a cotton shirt or such.

I found adding a back protector to my jacket help with allowing a breeze flow up my back while riding, which is very pleasant :-)

Just bought meself one of those mesh/armour thingies.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorcycle-Cycling-Protector-Motocross-Protective/dp/B018QXEU76

Last rode a couple of days ago and was sweating absolute buckets in my insulated jacket :? I'm still sticking with the regular pants for now, just with the liner taken out.

Keep looking for deals..

The other tips I have is short gloves without gauntlets to allow air up sleeves abandon using neck scarf leave top of jacket ip open a couple of inches....

Loosen velcro flaps/ cuffs a little so you get lots of draught and open any vents.

Gumtree/eBay. Bought a few bits and bobs that way and got some great bargains.

Personally I like riding in my RST jeans and either my fully mesh or thin textile jacket when it's hot, but a decent long-sleeved base layer makes all the difference for comfort.

Bargain bin kevlar jeans from amazon, "tactical" gloves from army surplus (the ones with armored knuckles), helmet, boots, and back protector you usually wear, pair of elbow guards will set you back maybe £15, and a t shirt from primarni. Spent most of last summer doing that and it was lovely. :seeya:

I think ill stick with fully armoured gear thanks. Plus no one wants to see my junk hanging out as i ride through town in a mankini surely???

Budget is low but Im still looking for quality and buy in bits at a time, just jacket is needed atm.

Thanks all for feedback, some useful some erm... well thanks anyway :0)

https://www.ghostbikes.com/5010-black-piston-mesh-summer-motorcycle-jacket.html

That's my summer jacket, has a removable liner for the not quite summer days, without that in I've ridden in baking weather and been perfect.

Comes with your standard elbow and shoulder armor plus handy Velcro straps to keep them lined up perfectly.

Also was jacket I was wearing when I come off so survived that (well I did, not got jacket back yet to see if it's damaged) :thumb:

Anyone have any good advice for summer gear on a budget?

Im sweating my nuts off atm riding in the same gear I've used all through the winter.

Brands, shops, anything that might help, cheaper the better or even second hand if you have old spares to sell.

Not like its gonna be sunny long, is it?

I don’t know what size you are NewBob, but I have a 2 piece leather suit for sale. The jacket has removable arm & side panels that reveal mesh material. Bloody lovely through the summer months

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=66717

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought meself one of those mesh/armour thingies.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorcycle-Cycling-Protector-Motocross-Protective/dp/B018QXEU76

Last rode a couple of days ago and was sweating absolute buckets in my insulated jacket :? I'm still sticking with the regular pants for now, just with the liner taken out.

Riding around like a mutant ninja turtle :D