Have I wrecked my transmission?

Lewisb4hunt

Hi. Ended the weekend by popping some wheelies (off road) on my wr250x. The clutch engaged then suddenly it was like it had slipped into neutral, even though the neutral light wasn't on. I tried to get the bike moving in any gear and got nothing but revs. It would crawl about 2mph in 1st. I have just changed the clutch plates thinking it would solve the problems. Started the bike fine, no strange noises and still nothing even with clutch fully engaged. Anyone have this happen before? If so, what did it lead to? I'm really hoping I haven't buggered my trans or crankshaft!! Cheers

Glad it was a false alarm , it always pays to go for the cheap solution first. Last year was convinced my gearbox was shot on some grim and lonely road in the Scottish Boarders . I stopped and stripped out my clutch but found nothing , then I spotted it . It was a loose sprocket nut clipping the plastic chain guard ! I could've fixed it in seconds if only I had thought logically instead of fearing the worst. 😀

I could've fixed it in seconds if only I had thought logically instead of fearing the worst. 😀

Ah... Killswitch Syndrome :lol:

When I worked in a bike shop an overweight bloke arrived just about ready to drop from exhaustion having pushed a 600 Bandit about half a mile . It took a lot of effort not to be smug when I flicked the kill switch and started it . Poor sod had knocked it with his glove . We made him a cup of tea.

...i feel bad for laughing :lol:

Don't - 'cos one day, it will happen to you........one day.

It's like the old saying "it's not if you drop it......it's just when".

...i feel bad for laughing :lol:

Don't - 'cos one day, it will happen to you........one day.

It's like the old saying "it's not if you drop it......it's just when".

It happened to me :oops:

I could've fixed it in seconds if only I had thought logically instead of fearing the worst. 😀

When I worked in a bike shop an overweight bloke arrived just about ready to drop from exhaustion having pushed a 600 Bandit about half a mile . It took a lot of effort not to be smug when I flicked the kill switch and started it . Poor sod had knocked it with his glove . We made him a cup of tea.

...can't help feeling like I've heard this story before but from the other side :wink:

...can't help feeling like I've heard this story before but from the other side :wink:

You mean it was you ? Blue jacket , M&P Coventry?

• 1 month later...

I once walked a bike a mile and half to petrol station thinking it had run out of fuel, it was literally as I rolled it onto the forecourt I glanced at the killswitch and realised. Hell of a long walk. Luckily it wasn't raining but I felt like such an idiot