Theory Test booked!

Just booked my theory test on the 15th of may! Happy days!. Once I'll pass it I will book mod 1.

I feel pretty confident about the theory test since I haven't failed the mock tests on the app which I bought for my phone to read/practice.

I'm a bit concerned about the Hazard perception thing since the quality of the videos are a bit crap and they want you to click in a millisecond for the potential hazard!(I've failed on these ones) Jetfighter pilot reflexes? Lol. Any suggestions? It seems silly because I'm really good with my reflexes( cycling and mountain biking) but the videos are imposing a state of utter paranoia since everything can become a hazard.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by Phill

The hazard perception clips are all CGI now, and it is pretty easy to spot the emerging hazard. The only one I scored badly on (2 points) was a motorway with an accident in the distance, but all the urban/rural ones were obvious really. The trick is clicking within the score window! This lasts about 5 seconds so what I did was simply click 5 times (once per second) when the emerging hazard began (ie when you would need to slow down or take avoiding action in real life). I didnt bother clicking on potential hazards.

Good luck!! :-)

best advice I was given was click when you see a hazard, then click again a second later. You wont be giving a warning for clicking too many times but it does prevent you from clicking too early when you suspect something will become a hazard but it hasn't quite yet. I got 64/75 on my hazard perception test doing it like this :thumb:

You'll ace it :thumb:

As other said click few times when you see hazard to make sure, you'll always score highest click so if you clicked twice in 5 point and 3 point window you'd get your 5 points, if however you click too soon (can easily be done) and don't click again that's nil points.

All videos will have 1 hazard except one video which will have 2, I found all the hazards extremely obvious and once you've had double hazard clip you can switch off once you've spotted hazard for that clip (all the little potential hazards mean nothing you are only scored on what becomes a hazard).

Yea much easier when you see them, they will be in types of hazards too, ie motorway where some thing is going to move, built up where something is going to pull out, built up some one or thing is going to run out, crap blowing a cross the road, wind on the way likely preceeded by beware wind sign, Country Lane watch the sides and hedgerows, etc etc, road signs are often a q as to what's coming.

• 3 weeks later...

Just arrived from the test centre.

Made my way(rode) to the test centre which was slap-bang in Oxford city centre, the building was under construction so I had to figure out how to enter the building.

Once I've managed to get there I was greeted by the guy from the reception desk, who was very lovely, checked me in, instructed me to put all my gear and stuff in the locker, phone off.

Then i went to the lady who instructed me to which computer I should be sitting.

I sat down at the computer and after the practice and instruction screens the actual test commenced.

After I've finished the test I went back to the guy who has checked me in and handed the certificate.

He said 'look down the page' , it said that I have passed the test! :D.

49 out of 50 not bad I guess, and 68/75 for the hazard perception.

The hazard perception was actually very easy, much much better on the big screen rather than on the phone! :lol: . I must have been very trigger happy on the test! hahah.

Looking into booking the mod 1 and mod 2 in the near future! :D.

thank you for all your support!