Hazard perception test

Good news!

One step closer to achieving your goal. If you think you've got a big smile on your face, wait till you get on the road with your first bike!

Talking of bikes. Has anything taken your fancy?

I've always wanted a sports bike since I was a lad, ideally a yamaha r1/6 But I'm thinking that might be too much bike for a first!

Mod 1 is booked, can't wait!

Good news!

One step closer to achieving your goal. If you think you've got a big smile on your face, wait till you get on the road with your first bike!

Talking of bikes. Has anything taken your fancy?

I've always wanted a sports bike since I was a lad, ideally a yamaha r1/6 But I'm thinking that might be too much bike for a first!

Mod 1 is booked, can't wait!

Nah - go for it!

Agree with above comments.

You’ll soon get used to the bike and the power. Just take it easy at first. Get on a bike safe course and then a couple of track days and just be sensible. NEVER ride out of your comfort zone. Don’t worry about how quick everyone else is etc.

The joy of biking is getting the twisties right. Anyone can go fast in a straight line, but nailing the bends is a great feeling.

It takes a bit of training your brain’s basic instincs to get the bends right at speed.

Have a look at Keith Code’s Twist of the wrist 2 on YouTube.

Also look up giroscopic procession clips.

You could even look up your local IAM or ROSPA group if you extra training.

Thanks for the replies, it's certainly reassured me about getting a sports bike. I like the idea of completing extra training courses. It would be good to learn some extra skills but also to meet people in the same boat as me

• 3 months later...

Several years ago I explored driving instructor training with a view to becoming one. I attended the driving instructor training centre and the topic of the hazard perception test arose in a discussion with the chief instructor at the centre.

He told me that not only does every student fail the test but every instructor also fails the test. Apparently the instructors need much repeated practice at this test before having a hope of passing it and that is what I recommend that you do.

The more practice you have the better you get.

• 5 weeks later...

I went for click [one second] click [one second] click

I was often clicking too early, doing three clicks but not overly quick seemed to get it within one of the scoring windows and wasn't detected as trying to game anything. Worked for my wife the other week too!