What security do you carry take on a day out?

You are going out on a day trip for a nice ride and will be parking the bike somewhere, leaving it unattended for a while. What security do you take?

I carry a heavy-ish chain with me, but I realized I have never used it. Instead I just use my alarmed disc lock.

Only when doing something around town and will be parking on a street do I use the chain, but never when stopping on a street elsewhere. Though admittedly days out generally do not involve inner city residential areas.

a huge U lock and a disk lock and a chain. I always use all three. Plus I had Triumph fit their alarm and immobiliser. I am hoping there are easier targets.

I am contemplating getting a tracker as well e.g. https://monimoto.co.uk/ has anybody used such a device?

Edited by mikestrivens

You are going out on a day trip for a nice ride and will be parking the bike somewhere, leaving it unattended for a while. What security do you take?

Nothing.

Edited by Gerontious

None.

brave man

Not really.. Im just careful about where I leave it.

I had a chain and lock.. I gave it away. same went for the disc lock.. gave it away as I never used it.

Nothing , but I must remember to take my bicycle cable lock so I don't have to carry my jacket and helmet everywhere.

I have the top box for the helmet, I am too worried about what some joker may do to it if left locked to the bike. Being brave enough to leave the jacket too though, wow!

Surprised how many of you do not use a disc lock, though.

Actually I am more surprised by how many people never go out of sight of their bike.

As much as most of my days out on the bike are mainly for the riding, I like to end up somewhere to break it up, such as sitting on a beach or climbing up a hill.

Like on Monday I went to Tewkesbury and had a walk along the river and a look at the abbey. Then I went to Tesco in Stroud for petrol and food, which I ate under a tree in a local park. Finally I stopped off in Bath so I could visit Alexandra Park. It has an amazing view looking down over the city, if passing through it is definitely worth it, just off the A36.

If i am going anywhere that the bike can be out of sight of the road, ie mates house that has an alleyway, i will do two disc locks, one is alarmed.

If i go to town or anywhere its a fat chain and two disc locks.

I do need to get a lock for my helmet though! Anyone recommend any?

Armoured cable lock, the type which coils up, so it fits neatly in my top box. I am lucky and the town and city near me have lots of motorbike parking with barriers to lock the bike to and this is perfect;

http://www.oxfordproducts.com/graphics_cache/d/1/1674-of145--.jpg