Armoured jeans

Summer is threatening to break through at last. My RST textiles are very warm in the evening.

I'm looking for some good jeans and trying to keep things under £100 if possible.

At the moment I've seen Course and Bull-it.

I'm wary of Course as the description is vague.

Bull-it have their covec material and spare for knee and hip armour so I'm leaningtowards them.

Anyone got any suggestions or comments on these brands or others?

Hood jeans. I've had mine a couple of years. I've worn them and worn them, and they still look great. Full kevlar lining, not just on the areas where they hope you will land, so great protection. I really recommend them. If you want armour as well, it will come in at just over your budget, but without armour they're just under £100, I think.

I've got a pair of Bullit jeans,they fit just like normal jeans. They also appear to be water repellent.

I've also got a pair of Oxford Leggings which are super comfy and are pretty much my new favourite bike related thing. however I don't think many men wear leggings.... :lol:

Any jeans you do get, I would make sure you can put knee and hip armour in. Knox do some super thin and breathable armour that can be either lvl 1 or lvl 2 compliant if you need/want to add your own.

I'm with [mention]bonio[/mention] with the Hood jeans......mine are a good few years old and still going strong...... 8-)

The BikeSafe stall at the festival of motorcycling show at the weekend had a pair of Hood jeans that someone had an off in....barely a mark on them......unlike the pair of trackies alongside them...... :shock:

Thanks for the suggestion of Hood.

They are on the expensive side though. Looking at their site they are about £150.

Do they tend to fit to size like a normal mean would?

The 'private' price for a leg rebuild and skin graft is around £17.5K so £150 sounds cheap to me! :shock:

I bought a pair of Red Route jeans, hip and knee armour, very comfy. In fact I'll probably be living in them for the rest of this week as I'm using the bike to get to various meetings and appointments.

x2. Had mine for about 4 years now and they still look new. They also did well in testing to see how long they lasted when subjected to an abrasion test.

They are on the expensive side though. Looking at their site they are about £150.

The 'private' price for a leg rebuild and skin graft is around £17.5K so £150 sounds cheap to me! :shock:

That is quite the price difference. And the £150 is much more convenient too. What I meant was if there are 2 products out there that have the same performance then I'd be choosing the cheaper.

I saw some under £100 on their web site; they're running a sale right now. But perhaps they don't have your size in.

I found that the sizes run like normal sizes. I got a longer leg that I would normally, as I prefer to pad around with baggy ankles when I'm off the bike than having the legs ride up towards my knees when I'm on it.

They fit like normal jeans.....but are obviously a bit wider if you have the hip armour fitted...... :wink: Hood will alter the length to suit if required. What I like about them is that the para aramid lining covers the whole Jean to just below the knee, unlike some other brands..... 8-)

RoadSkin are another make that I've seen around.....but I've not tried them.

I've opted for hood jeans.

Great reviews for comfort. Fully Kevlar lined and have d3o knee and hip protection. I've spent the extra £12 and got the CE level 2. And they apparently are not affected by moisture unlike some other Kevlar products.

Being somewhat vertically challenged, having the option for leg length is a plus. I'd be lost in a pair with a 33 inch leg like some manufacturers only provide.

Thanks for your help everyone. :thumb:

I saw some under £100 on their web site; they're running a sale right now. But perhaps they don't have your size in.

I found that the sizes run like normal sizes. I got a longer leg that I would normally, as I prefer to pad around with baggy ankles when I'm off the bike than having the legs ride up towards my knees when I'm on it.

The only ones on sale are 40 inch waist or higher. I'll get there one day but right now I'm smaller than that size.

I got them a little longer than normal though so the knee is in the right place when on the bike.