Lone Wolf, No Clubs Patch?

It surprises me that this thread is still rumbling on after all this time, it's not worth air time :?

its a good reminder of how messed up the world is.. It would seem some people just go looking for something to get upset about and then affiliate themselves with others who want to get upset about the same thing and then use disproportionate force to try and enforce their group's opinions on others outside the group who really don't care and aren't interested. :roll:

There is certain kit that goes with certain bikes. Adventure tourer riders are often seen wearing patchwork Long Way Round type gear. Any cruiser is leather jacket and jeans. Sports bikes are all in one leathers.

My favourite was a babe in a bikini as pillion on a sports bike going full pelt through the tunnel at Monaco. That looked totally appropriate for the situation.

As someone who is a member of a Patched club I will tell you now not to wear it. Not only is it incredibly hypocritical to wear a back patch that associates you with other supposed "lone wolf" riders (which, by definition, then makes you part of something, and therefore NOT a lone wolf) - It's also incredibly offensive to those who have spent years working to achieve their patches. Wearing those patches is a one way ticket to getting yourself in a sticky situation where you are asked "kindly" to remove the patches. If you have any respect for MC's, MCC's or RC's you will take those patches and throw them into a bin, what you do by donning those patches is show an utter disrespect towards all those members have worked to achieve, especially as there is ACTUALLY a club out there who already hold that name.

Watch this video:

">

DibberInTheWind is a fantastic YouTuber and he also has been in clubs throughout his life. His videos on all of these subjects like SOA patches or Lone Wolf patches all make perfect sense to anyone with braincells. I saw some comment on here saying that if they give you trouble just call the police, yeah, that would do wonders for you after you get beaten the shit out of or even worse. I'm in the club life and have met people who have killed for their clubs, it's not something you want to test. Just do yourself a favour and save the prospect of you having a very bad day, you never know who you're going to meet out there, and wearing something that literally makes you a target for clubs is just not a smart thing to do.

Aren't you the lad that's in an RC? Or have you now joined an MC? It's just that this post comes across as if you're in an MC, to be honest wearing an RC patch is not much different than wearing a lone wolf one, you apply to join the club and buy your patch don't you?

I do stand to be corrected of course, but your post looks as if you're trying to sound like you're in the HA.

I worked with some HA on the V festival in 1999 and the guys were decent enough.........the total Dick heads were the ones trying to be in the HA.....what a bunch of absolute twats they were

As someone who is a member of a Patched club I will tell you now not to wear it. Not only is it incredibly hypocritical to wear a back patch that associates you with other supposed "lone wolf" riders (which, by definition, then makes you part of something, and therefore NOT a lone wolf) - It's also incredibly offensive to those who have spent years working to achieve their patches. Wearing those patches is a one way ticket to getting yourself in a sticky situation where you are asked "kindly" to remove the patches. If you have any respect for MC's, MCC's or RC's you will take those patches and throw them into a bin, what you do by donning those patches is show an utter disrespect towards all those members have worked to achieve, especially as there is ACTUALLY a club out there who already hold that name.

Watch this video:

">

DibberInTheWind is a fantastic YouTuber and he also has been in clubs throughout his life. His videos on all of these subjects like SOA patches or Lone Wolf patches all make perfect sense to anyone with braincells. I saw some comment on here saying that if they give you trouble just call the police, yeah, that would do wonders for you after you get beaten the shit out of or even worse. I'm in the club life and have met people who have killed for their clubs, it's not something you want to test. Just do yourself a favour and save the prospect of you having a very bad day, you never know who you're going to meet out there, and wearing something that literally makes you a target for clubs is just not a smart thing to do.

Aren't you the lad that's in an RC? Or have you now joined an MC? It's just that this post comes across as if you're in an MC, to be honest wearing an RC patch is not much different than wearing a lone wolf one, you apply to join the club and buy your patch don't you?

I do stand to be corrected of course, but your post looks as if you're trying to sound like you're in the HA.

And i though the whole point of MCs was that once you're in, you're in for life, so how has the youtuber been members of multiple clubs?? Surely you can't just remove the patch and sew on another can you??

I worked with some HA on the V festival in 1999 and the guys were decent enough.........the total Dick heads were the ones trying to be in the HA.....what a bunch of absolute twats they were

I think once you are in, you do not really have anything to prove anymore.

Watch this video:

">

No, I'm not trying to sound like I'm in an MC nor do I make the claim that I am in one, apologies if my post comes along like that. I hang around a lot of MC's/MCC's so you tend to understand pretty quickly what pisses them off etc etc. Also, no, you don't. All patches worn by any club have to be sanctioned by the dominant MC in your area, if you want to wear for instance a 3 piece patch like an RC would, you'd need permission from your local MC in order to do that. Same if you want to wear a sidepatch or even a backpatch. We've had to go through all the right channels to be allowed to wear our patches, it's not like we just bought them slung em on and went out riding. My club worked for a long time to be allowed to wear a patch denoting what county we are from.

I do know people who have come FROM my RC and JOINED an MC, the difference between the two is large, I personally prefer the chilled attitude of an RC, MC's are a lot more dedicated whereas we're a bit more forgiving and more fun based.

Just out of interest what club are you in mate, not being disreprectfull or sarcastic in any way just interested

Sorry man I can't drop club names around given current situations, don't worry, even if you were being disrespectful or sarcastic I don't care, I don't take offense personally :D :D

Watch this video:

">

And i though the whole point of MCs was that once you're in, you're in for life, so how has the youtuber been members of multiple clubs?? Surely you can't just remove the patch and sew on another can you??

Haha not at all lol, there are plenty of people who have dropped out of MC's, obviously if you drop a patch and replace it with another clubs it will not be looked nicely upon, but that's not what I meant, I don't know enough about Dibber to know what club/s he's been involved in but I do know him and his father have been in the club scene for a large part of their life. As to what clubs he's been a part of, I have no clue, as he doesn't display them on his channel for numerous reasons.

Sorry, thinking back on it now I should have been a bit more open as to what I meant when I say he's been in clubs, I should have simply said he's been involved in the club scene.

I saw some comment on here saying that if they give you trouble just call the police, yeah, that would do wonders for you after you get beaten the shit out of or even worse. I'm in the club life and have met people who have killed for their clubs, it's not something you want to test. Just do yourself a favour and save the prospect of you having a very bad day, you never know who you're going to meet out there, and wearing something that literally makes you a target for clubs is just not a smart thing to do.

I am sure as a tough gangster you do not care, but you do realize you have just just committed a crime by threatening someone who is probably just a kid.

And over a cheap piece of mass produced embroidery, which does not even have anything to do with your club.

I'm not sure whether you're being serious or if you're joking, I haven't threatened anyone, apologies if it came across as threatening but I never said that I would personally do anything, I'm saying that clubs out there don't appreciate it when you don patches that you haven't earned and haven't been sanctioned by the local dominant MC in your area. It's not a threat, it's a hazard alert. Because when you wear patches without permission, they WILL stop you and they WILL tell you to take it off, and if you don't, they will MAKE you take it off by force. I'm just telling you what you need to expect if you think you're just going to ride around with your cool lone wolf patch on your back thinking you're some bad ass biker because you're a lone wolf. It's even worse than the ones who think they're a bad ass because they have a patch on their back. Don't sling around accusations when you don't even bother to read into the context of what I said.

But why should anyone need to be any more respectful of someone whose wearing a patch than someone who's not?

Respect is earned not given so to the majority of humans wearing a patch on your back makes no difference whatsoever. Until you do something to earn additional respect youre just another humanbeing on a bike and command the same level of respect as any other human on a bike.

Makes no sense to me that a bunch of people think they command additional respect just for wearing badges on their backs, and all the talk about "being asked nicely to remove it" just stinks of bullyboy tactics and nobody has any respect for bullies. What if someone refused? What jurisdiction do these clubs have over non-club members?? Zero.

Maybe they think they earned respect by doing whatever little jobs their club asked them to do, and indeed within their own peer group maybe they have earned "respect", but to the rest of the world, they are just bikers.. nothing more, nothing less.

In my world you gain respect by helping people and being kind, not by bullying people into removing items of clothing, that's borderline sexual assault!

Discuss.

:popcorn:

I actually agree with you, I don't think patches should be this automatic sign of respect, I've met plenty of people who don patches and are simultaneously complete and utter w**kers, I'm not saying that you should respect the person, I'm saying you should respect the patches, because, like it or not, those clubs take it seriously, and if you think the police will be there in under 5 minutes to come and save you, they won't. It's not the case they just tell you to remove it, if they have to, they will force you to remove it. They don't care. Me personally I couldn't give a shit and I wouldn't bother someone wearing those patches, I'd probably tell them that it's best not to because other clubs won't be as nice as me, but I'm not the kind of person to do that kinda shit.

There's a lot of history behind most MC's particularly involving military based usage, from what I remember soldiers coming back from WW2 formed a lot of MC's/Outlaw MC's.

There's a full article on the history of outlaw based MC's here: http://ijms.nova.edu/November2005/IJMS_Artcl.Dulaney.html

I don't personally know a lot about it so everything I've stated in regards to history is speculation.

its a good reminder of how messed up the world is.. It would seem some people just go looking for something to get upset about and then affiliate themselves with others who want to get upset about the same thing and then use disproportionate force to try and enforce their group's opinions on others outside the group who really don't care and aren't interested. :roll:

Sounds like the Scottish National Party.

I'm not sure whether you're being serious or if you're joking, I haven't threatened anyone, apologies if it came across as threatening but I never said that I would personally do anything,

Read it this way:

"As someone who is a member of a Patched club I will tell you now not to wear it… I saw some comment on here saying that if they give you trouble just call the police, yeah, that would do wonders for you after you get beaten the shit out of or even worse. I'm in the club life and have met people who have killed for their clubs, it's not something you want to test."

Skipping over the middle section about the culture, you can see how those two bits read together. Although you never literally said you would do anything like that, it is not a defence when a threat is obviously implied. And you directly connected yourself to it, making it come across as a threat rather than just general advice.

Whilst a complaint on its own is unlikely to get you arrested, it would get attention put on you. Especially as Youngbiker819 has made themselves come across as a harmless kid who just wants to play dress up ,and you are promising "even worse." If anything did happen to them, or anyone else locally, you would be making yourself a suspect.

So I just thought it worth warning in case you wanted to edit anything, as in that context it comes across badly.

I read the same thing as a threat, too. But now I've read it again, it seems to me more likely that [mention]Yeldur[/mention] was trying to give [mention]Youngbiker819[/mention] some advice that would keep him out of trouble, and hadn't seen that, read in a different tone, it could sound a bit nasty.

Yeldur, I won’t quote the post coz it’s massive.

But when I say you buy your patch I mean new members do, you don’t earn them by prospecting, you apply to join the RC and are then accepted or not on whatever basis they require (but not prospecting) then you pay Tarquin from accounts £20 or whatever to be given a patch. I understand fully that at some point the club had the patches approved by the local MC.

Zzzzzzzzzz

Indeed. What boggles my mind is that there are grown men out there who are prepared to kill their fellow human beings over which bits of fatuous fabric they choose to adorn themselves with. Utterly moronic.

Yep, all sounds far too much effort to me.

Why do these people have such a strong desire to belong to something like an MC?? All sounds like alot of politics and bureaucracy which is exactly what I like to get away from when riding!!

Each to their own I guess.. but at the point these people threaten our freedom to ride and civil liberties I take exception. I'm never going to wear patches, so no worries there, but why should people be expected to respect the rules invented by a club they are not a member of and contrary to the laws of the land??

They are just fellow bikers to me, no more, no less..

I'm not sure whether you're being serious or if you're joking, I haven't threatened anyone, apologies if it came across as threatening but I never said that I would personally do anything,

Read it this way:

"As someone who is a member of a Patched club I will tell you now not to wear it… I saw some comment on here saying that if they give you trouble just call the police, yeah, that would do wonders for you after you get beaten the shit out of or even worse. I'm in the club life and have met people who have killed for their clubs, it's not something you want to test."

Skipping over the middle section about the culture, you can see how those two bits read together. Although you never literally said you would do anything like that, it is not a defence when a threat is obviously implied. And you directly connected yourself to it, making it come across as a threat rather than just general advice.

Whilst a complaint on its own is unlikely to get you arrested, it would get attention put on you. Especially as Youngbiker819 has made themselves come across as a harmless kid who just wants to play dress up ,and you are promising "even worse." If anything did happen to them, or anyone else locally, you would be making yourself a suspect.

So I just thought it worth warning in case you wanted to edit anything, as in that context it comes across badly.

I see what you mean, it's hard to see the difference in text because there's no implied tone of voice, I can definitely see how one could misinterpret my comments as threatening but I'm genuinely not, like I said before, I was trying to explain that by doing it you're making yourself a target. I'll throw in a disclaimer to make it more obvious.

Yeldur, I won’t quote the post coz it’s massive.

But when I say you buy your patch I mean new members do, you don’t earn them by prospecting, you apply to join the RC and are then accepted or not on whatever basis they require (but not prospecting) then you pay Tarquin from accounts £20 or whatever to be given a patch. I understand fully that at some point the club had the patches approved by the local MC.

Not at all, in our RC we have a hangaround period & prospect period just like an MC/MCC. We do pay money for those patches but only to cover the costs of making the patches. We still have to earn them before we can acquire said patches.

Yep, all sounds far too much effort to me.

Why do these people have such a strong desire to belong to something like an MC?? All sounds like alot of politics and bureaucracy which is exactly what I like to get away from when riding!!

Each to their own I guess.. but at the point these people threaten our freedom to ride and civil liberties I take exception. I'm never going to wear patches, so no worries there, but why should people be expected to respect the rules invented by a club they are not a member of and contrary to the laws of the land??

They are just fellow bikers to me, no more, no less..

I agree, that's why I joined an RC, we're still a patch club, but we are a lot less serious, at the base of it we're just a group of guys who gather up and ride together for a laugh, we turn up to other MC events etc etc and have a good time and that's more or less the brunt of it. To answer your question as to why? I don't know really, me personally I don't care, but others do care, because they've had to put in a lot of time and effort to receive those patches, if they see someone putting on fake patches without earning the right to wear them then people get pissy.

I got the impression he's rolling with the 1%ers ready to blow anyone's head off who even wears a leather cut.

Hahaha, I don't roll with them, but yes, we are associated with some 1% clubs.

Watch "sons of anarchy" I really enjoyed it, it's a great 7 or so seasons to lose a few weeks.

I agree, it is very good, albeit completely inaccurate. But if it were accurate it would be very boring.

Watch "sons of anarchy" I really enjoyed it, it's a great 7 or so seasons to lose a few weeks.

I agree, it is very good, albeit completely inaccurate. But if it were accurate it would be very boring.

Grown men sat about sewing patches on jackets and reading the latest internal memos regarding which other clubs have been granted permission to ride on their turf this week.

The MCC up here gets pretty wild, and I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of them: they hang around Ripley Castle on a Sunday, eating ice cream in the sun and chatting to passing kids to give the impression they're friendly. I even heard that a couple of them once trashed the tasting table in the local Majestic Wine Warehouse.