Holidays

Hammer

So... Who is going where?

I can kick it off with:

Me & the wife are going to Lanzarote for two weeks of doing sod all.

(Won't miss the kids, but will miss the bike like crazy)

Only Holiday this year is on the bike. 8 of us are heading for the German Eifel (and Luxembourg) in early September... staying at a super cheap and wildly popular (amongst us) hotel close to the Luxembourg border, Half board. With daily rides across the region.. hopefully one day crossing the Rhine (ferry) for lunch at Frankensteins castle. Not to mention a lap of the Nurburgring. And a full day in the glorious and empty north end of Luxembourg. Our 5th time and its always a joy doing what various commitments wont allow here... riding every day for the pure pleasure of the ride. With the added attraction of daily doses of Kaffee und Kuchen. Plus ending the day with a long cool beer (or 6)

1798012093_TypicallyEifel.thumb.jpg.66650df0a1b9666d818812ed44af8416.jpg

You could always hire a bike and go for a trek through the mountains.

Great idea.. but trekking through mountains doesn't fall into the "doing sod all" category.

My sis is getting married in Italy and my mate is getting married in Poland. Short breaks, but should be fun. Then I will most likely go visit my sis in Australia where she lives for Christmas.

Hammer did you get my email? I can't pm you, strangely.

Urm

Last week 2 days biking in Wales and sailing this week sailing and camping end of month sailing or/ and motorbike destination depending on weather..

More later in the year....

Had planned to tour Scotland on my new Harley but I haven't had much interest in the GSXR 1100 yet ( one time waster who was probably just a bit lonely) so plan B will be another epic trip on the indomitable ER5 . I don't care how I get there as long as I don't get tangled up in Greater Manchester this time !

Had planned to tour Scotland on my new Harley but I haven't had much interest in the GSXR 1100 yet ( one time waster who was probably just a bit lonely) so plan B will be another epic trip on the indomitable ER5 . I don't care how I get there as long as I don't get tangled up in Greater Manchester this time !

Can we start planning your route now?

you could plan it for the august bank holiday weekend and add thunder in the glens to your list.

Can we start planning your route now?

All suggestions are most welcome of course, but have been up to Scotland so many times before that I could probably write a guide .

you could plan it for the august bank holiday weekend and add thunder in the glens to your list.

I'd probably look a bit daft on my ER5 surrounded by all those bad ass Hogs . As I say I'm dead set on getting a Harley but,not being wealthy , I have to sell my GSXR first to raise most of the cash . It's in the For Sale section here if anyone knows someone looking for a classic hypersports bike .

Urm

Last week 2 days biking in Wales and sailing this week sailing and camping end of month sailing or/ and motorbike destination depending on weather..

More later in the year....

I was riding in Wales last week.

The 'mountain road' from Elan Valley to Aberystwyth was fantastic. One of the best rides I ever had.

We were going to Mexico next Saturday (2nd June)....1 week touring the Mayan ruins and the second week chilling on a beach.....I say WERE....that was until Saturday morning when we got a call from the tour operator to say that the first weeks tour wasn't happening! That was the main reason for going there......so we cancelled the whole thing and demanded a refund......now booked a last minute 2 weeks in Cyprus......not what we were planning, but just got to take what's available.

Gonna pursue the original tour operator for compensation and reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses.....as I'd already booked the car park at the airport and ordered currency..... :x

We were going to Mexico next Saturday (2nd June)....1 week touring the Mayan ruins and the second week chilling on a beach.....I say WERE....that was until Saturday morning when we got a call from the tour operator to say that the first weeks tour wasn't happening! That was the main reason for going there......so we cancelled the whole thing and demanded a refund......now booked a last minute 2 weeks in Cyprus......not what we were planning, but just got to take what's available.

Gonna pursue the original tour operator for compensation and reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses.....as I'd already booked the car park at the airport and ordered currency..... :x

that's shitty. We went to Chichen Itza and some of the other mayan ruins some years back and it was brilliant. hope you are able to get some money out of them.

Sitting in a pub in Newquay Cornwall waiting for the football league 2 play off final to start #PUSB

Get in 3-1 League 1 here we come