Help

Guest Carlinmart15

Hi guys I’m doing my bike license next weekend . I’ve been looking at bikes obviously . I’m getting drawn to the r1 . Then planning the tt next year ! . My misses ent happy about this she don’t ride . Is it worth me getting a smaller bike ?? Any advice will help .

Hello and Welcome :D

There's no reason why you can't have an R1 as your first bike!

providing you've passed the correct tests, can insure it etc.

It would be a bit different from the norm though! :lol:

Have you checked what the insurance will be for an R1?

£6k a year for me for a new one. That's why I got the naked version - the mt10 - £500 a year is doable.

Have you checked what the insurance will be for an R1?

£6k a year for me for a new one. That's why I got the naked version - the mt10 - £500 a year is doable.

gulp!!!!

Hi guys I’m doing my bike license next weekend . I’ve been looking at bikes obviously . I’m getting drawn to the r1 . Then planning the tt next year ! . My misses ent happy about this she don’t ride . Is it worth me getting a smaller bike ?? Any advice will help .

If you're new to riding motorbikes and buy an R1, expect your insurance to be through the roof. It costed me £700 with £350 excess to get third party fire and theft on a restricted bandit 600, I think I remember trying to test an R1 once just through online quotes for a laugh and the only insurer who would go with me is Carole Nash and they asked for £12,000 a year. Anything with the letter R in it is going to be expensive, and the fact that it's a big powerhouse of a bike is only going to add to that cost. I would speak to some insurers and get some quotes first and foremost, because then you can figure out whether you can afford to insure an R1 in the first place.