Re: Nice easy one. What adhesive to use for hazard button

Beans

The actual switch button thingy came off my hazard switch yesterday during a bit of a do. :oops:

I can't see anything has snapped, it would appear to be a case of gluing it back on. Is this correct and what adhesive do I need? Is it just a superglue job?

width=533 height=576https://s33.postimg.cc/bwchu6rmn/20180613_071031.jpg[/img]

Thanks

Beans

I wouldn't use superglue as if it flows into the mechanism it will lock it up solid. Also superglue is actually a 2-pack, it needs moisture to activate it so it's not brilliant on plastic unless you buy a specific type.

I'd use a contact adhesive such as UHU. It's strong enough to hold, thick enough not to flow, won't go hard/brittle, is waterproof enough. Just use the slightest smear. You don't want it to squeeze out and spread when you press the parts together.

If it hasn't snapped how come its come off then ? I think the white bit has snapped and if it has I doubt that any glue would be able to make a strong enough joint on such a small area of contact .that kind of plastic is near impossible to glue anyway. Best buy a new one.

Edited by fastbob

I don't think it has snapped. There is residue on the switch and I think the white bit sits in a corresponding slot. Mmm not sure now Will take a picture of the handlebars in a bit.

20180614_131122_HDR.jpg

I suspect I'd have to buy the whole right hand unit can't see how it could be done separately

I don't think it has snapped. There is residue on the switch and I think the white bit sits in a corresponding slot. Mmm not sure now Will take a picture of the handlebars in a bit.

20180614_131122_HDR.jpg

I suspect I'd have to buy the whole right hand unit can't see how it could be done separately

Well now I'm more convinced than ever that it has snapped off . This kind of plastic is very strong but when it does break it breaks cleanly.https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CBF-1000-CBF1000-2006-2010-Right-throttle-switch-assembly/undefined

If you are really determined and you have a Dremel you could drill both halves with a fine drill and insert a steel pin .

Think you're right bob, at least about the bloody thing being snapped

Did you see my link to one on eBay, its the only one . Have you checked CMC parts ?

The answer is. Hopefully never, didn't have one on the 125 (though rang the shop to ask why I couldn't find it). But now I have one on my instrument binnacle I am sad to lose it :crybaby:

The answer is. Hopefully never, didn't have one on the 125 (though rang the shop to ask why I couldn't find it). But now I have one on my instrument binnacle I am sad to lose it :crybaby:

I've only ever had hazard lights on one bike , an old Z750 I think , never used them , it's not like you're ever going to block the road and most people only seem to use them to nip to the cash point when there might be Traffic Wardens about . No idea why .