Cheshire area bikers?

Topper

Is there anyone on this forum from around Cheshire at all that meet for ride outs?

I am always on the look out for ride outs.

I am off into wales tomorrow if anyone is interested?

just give me a shout Dave when you are planning a trip out. I normally go quite early at weekend to beat the mad rush.

The roads are quiet then and it makes for a better ride.

Also Thursdays at the Raven make for an interesting couple of hours there and back with a brew :thumb:

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Both,

Might be in your riding area: I plan to go discover some Peak District roads, weather allows, this Sat or Sun (I live SE of Manchester).

Maybe you know the "good" roads to do, or maybe just want to discover them? We can go together if you fancy... as long as we go easy :)

I am a rather quiet rider, most of the time, to let you know. Especially on UK roads, I am pretty new on them, and they do not feel as "comfortable" as the Swiss and German roads I am used to.

pit

I'm good for Sunday and the weather forecast is good. We could meet locally, I'm in Stockport and I guess you're Didsbury/Burnage/Levenshulme area. Tescos car park somewhere is usually an easy landmark to find. I'll message topper and we could meet him at J&S and head on from there. How does 10.30 sound?

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi Mike

bike is wrapped up for winter at mo......... or for those exceptionally rare sunny winter days we might get.

Keep an eye out on this thread though and I will post if I am heading out anywhere.

Last minute decision to go for a wonderful ride through the Peak District. Lovely sunny day about 5-8 degrees still snow in north facing gullies but the roads mostly dryish. I went from Disley on the back roads down to Whaley Bridge then to Chapel on B5470 and onwards to the Edale loop (spectacular views of Kinder Scout. On to Castleton and Winnats Pass to Sparrowpit back to Chapel and then down the A5004 to Buxton. Then the A537 (the most dangerous road in Britain) Cat and Fiddle to Macclesfield. Then back towards Whaley Bridge on B5470 cutting off back to Disley. I have done this ride many times and I'm still learning. There was lots of grit and stones on the road where the gritting lorries and run off had deposited their stuff, so always good to take it easy. The Sat Nav on the phone is good to give prior warning of bends, but this route requires 100% concentration.

My new Rukka Nivala jacket and trousers were fantastic, warm and comfortable. I need to get some new spectacles though as mine keep falling down my face - rather annoying.

• 5 months later...

Went for a ride out this morning on my favourite route from Disley to Whalley Bridge, Chapel, Edale loop to Hope and then Castleton to Winnats Pass then headed down towards the Yondermann Cafe on A623. There were loads of bikers there and some very interesting old bikes. The sun certainly brought them out. Nice brew with friendly people. Too early for the heart attack special as I'd not long had breakfast at home. Then took the back roads over to Buxton, Congleton and Macclesfield and back to Disley. Lovely route dry roads and slightly overcast so not cooking in the leather jacket. Tried out my new Hood jeans - brilliant. Nice to see English firms producing quality gear. Lots of people out on motor bikes, push bikes, walking, open top cars - perfect English weather for being outdoors. Back home to lube chain and remove bugs splattered over helmet and bike.

I did the cat and fiddle and decided to head towards Matlock too but it starting looking very miserable so turned around and as soon as I got near the cat and fiddle again the weather was lovely. I also washed the bike and the car and as soon as I put everything away it started raining! Need to get a ride out sorted considering we take similar routes.

anyone around from the Warrington area.

I am out down to Raven and then up to ponderosa tomorrow Pip. Just not sure what time though.

I think it will probably be an early start and get back for dinner

• 1 month later...