Twist of the wrist

Alanz11

I’m a complete novice with cbt only.

I’ve watched this quite a few times now, really starting to under stand the points he makes.

Especially the SR’s, each time I watch it I learn a new tip on riding technique.

Anybody recommend any other YouTube sites for learning ?

Al.

There are loads, but I found the following extremely useful/entertaining:

MCRider

RoadCraftNottingham

FortNine

RoyalJordanian

TheMissendenFlyer

44teeth

MCN Motocycle News

Motorcyclist Magazine

Revzilla

MuddySump

DanDAnthefireman

back2thebike

There are loads, but I found the following extremely useful/entertaining:

MCRider

RoadCraftNottingham

FortNine

RoyalJordanian

TheMissendenFlyer

44teeth

MCN Motocycle News

Motorcyclist Magazine

Revzilla

MuddySump

DanDAnthefireman

back2thebike

Ooo. Here's saying goodbye to another week of my life...

remember most of the content is of riders who either are advanced or been riding a long time .

before you attempt to emulate their actions make sure you understand why they are doing that ..

ie Road positioning .... Simple enough concept of left hand bend you move out towards centre line to enhance view BUT understanding the other aspects Why you should not move towards the centre line ie safety before view is what will keep you alive and keep learning ..

some of the online videos are in my opinion the worst way to learn but thats my opinion

remember most of the content is of riders who either are advanced or been riding a long time .

before you attempt to emulate their actions make sure you understand why they are doing that ..

ie Road positioning .... Simple enough concept of left hand bend you move out towards centre line to enhance view BUT understanding the other aspects Why you should not move towards the centre line ie safety before view is what will keep you alive and keep learning ..

some of the online videos are in my opinion the worst way to learn but thats my opinion

This is very true. Google "Annette Carrion" for an example of what happens when you don't have sufficient experience for the type of riding they are doing.

Wish I hadn’t googled Annette Carrion, this led me to trying to remember how many accidents don’t involve another vehicle which led me to some gruesome YouTube footage and the ROSPA report on motorcycle accidents. I’ve just had a friggin awful half an hour and the gins not coming til tomorrow!

@mikestrivens Great list, that’s me not doing anything productive for some time! :D

Total Control book by Lee Park is very good (better than totw imo).

Have you read roadcraft?

Reg Local is very good - he's a car instructor really but I know he has a bike so Id expect that sooner or later he'll put some bike stuff up.

I have only watched two YouTube channels, though not for a while.

RoadcraftNottingham is the only one I watch for advice as he is an instructor, and his videos tend to be specifically focussed on a topic rather than a vlog

advancedbiker offers advanced rider training course. His videos are excerpts from those rides, with the intercom conversation rather than talking to viewers. So they do not offer advice, but interesting for watching to understand the thinking.

I’m not aware of any of those, thanks.

I started reading Proficient Motorcycling by David Hough but at page 50 summink Id discovered my desire to ogle motorbikes seem to make the kindle app close and google search open, weird I know but since then it’s happened everytime so there must be a fault with the book.....