First Build Advice // Bobber.

About to venture into my first project;

A little 125cc bobber build.

I’m looking for a little advice on which bike I should start off with, extremely exciting times and I want to learn more.

HONDA REBEL 125

YAMAHA VIRAGO 125

HONDA SHADOW 125

AJS 125

SUZUKI GZ 125

GILERA COUGAR 125

SUZUKI MARAUDER 125

SUZUKI VL 125 INTRUDER

What would you recommend?

Easiest hardtail etc?

I don’t have the craziest amount to spend but long terms projects are worth it. Thank you in advance everyone.

Any Japanese 125 four stroke.

That sounds the plan, I was just curious if there was any little increments of the best model to go for.

I’m guessing just what Japanese bike is on hand for a decent price then.

Looking forward to seeing the progress. Don’t forget to give us some pics! :thumb:

Thanks mate, I certainly will.

I was going to go with the Virago but for availability, I’ve gone with the GZ Marauder.

Really excited, thanks for the inspiration dude!

Yamaha Virago.

I have decided, now to buy and build.

Here's something to inspire you.https://m.louis.eu/rund-ums-motorrad/bikespecials/yamaha-xv-125-virago

• 1 year later...

I’m looking for a little advice on which bike I should start off with, extremely exciting times and I want to learn more.

HONDA REBEL 125

YAMAHA VIRAGO 125

HONDA SHADOW 125

AJS 125

SUZUKI GZ 125

GILERA COUGAR 125

SUZUKI MARAUDER 125

SUZUKI VL 125 INTRUDER

Easiest hardtail etc?

I don’t have the craziest amount to spend but long terms projects are worth it. Thank you in advance everyone.

as an american I have no idea why anyone would ride a 125cc bike. the smallest I would consider would be the twinstar cb200. if it has to be 125 cc then go with a two stroke. at least with a power band you can have a little fun even though you are riding a big moped. bobbing a bike can be as simple as removing the shocks and replacing them with something solid fabbed up with a grinder and drill. aprilla? honda nsr?dt?rt?kx?

HONDA REBEL 125

YAMAHA VIRAGO 125

HONDA SHADOW 125

AJS 125

SUZUKI GZ 125

GILERA COUGAR 125

SUZUKI MARAUDER 125

SUZUKI VL 125 INTRUDER

Easiest hardtail etc?

as an american I have no idea why anyone would ride a 125cc bike. the smallest I would consider would be the twinstar cb200. if it has to be 125 cc then go with a two stroke. at least with a power band you can have a little fun even though you are riding a big moped. bobbing a bike can be as simple as removing the shocks and replacing them with something solid fabbed up with a grinder and drill. aprilla? honda nsr?dt?rt?kx?

You really don't have a clue what you are talking about . How is sticking a solid strut on a monoshock dirt bike going to create a bobber ?

You really don't have a clue what you are talking about . How is sticking a solid strut on a monoshock dirt bike going to create a bobber ?

hard tail bobber is a build style. any bike can be built any way but some are better than others. you create a bobber by taming a bike with a hack saw or grinder.

your telling me I have no clue, are you telling me you can't have a 2stroke bobber. iv'e done lowering links on a monoshock to cafe it. could just have easily hard tail it but I like rear shocks. the roads here are terrible.

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=8EJfXd7RIsb6-gTUz47QAw&q=2+stroke+bobber&oq=2+stroke+bobber&gs_l=img.12..0j0i67.93086.94677..96696...0.0..0.375.3439.2-3j8......0....1..gws-wiz-img.-zE5VXmMrf8&ved=0ahUKEwjeia2Z7ZfkAhVGvZ4KHdSnAzoQ4dUDCAY

Well I'm not seeing any dirt bikes with struts instead of shocks and I didn't say anything against using a two stroke as a basis for a bobber . These look like hard tails to me .

Screenshot_20190823-071038.thumb.png.fc19377c3c63b6149df363ce7d5baf57.png

Well I'm not seeing any dirt bikes with struts instead of shocks and I didn't say anything against using a two stroke as a basis for a bobber . These look like hard tails to me .

could be my english. bobbers are hardtailed here in the us. chopcult has a kx500 bobber. its an abortion but it can be done. my first bike was a two stroke. I woulden't give any advise I woulden't take myself.